Injustice Systems

Grew up with polyuria…

10 Likes

I’m with you. Grew up with Crohn’s.

“Wetting your pants at school is one of the most stressful things a child can face or even imagine,” Cooper says.

And dumping in your pants is stressful too; one reason I have C-PTSD.

These harsh restrictions are worse than when I was in middle school.

10 Likes

Most of the execution machinery (electric chairs, etc) in America was built and sold by a Holocaust-denying Nazi who once took a hammer to Auschwitz in an attempt to “prove” that the gas chambers never existed.

See the bit of this starting at 44:30 for the story:

11 Likes

Thread:

11 Likes

I don’t even know what to say.

10 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

Apparently, two Supreme Court justices (Thomas and Gorsuch) believe that the Sixth Amendment’s guarantee of a criminal defendant’s right to assistance of counsel doesn’t include a requirement that that counsel be effective.

From SCOTUSblog:

But the most notable aspect of Thomas’ dissent was the final part (joined only by Gorsuch), in which he questioned the Supreme Court’s entire ineffective-assistance-of-counsel jurisprudence, on original-intent grounds. The Sixth Amendment “as originally understood and ratified meant only that a defendant had a right to employ counsel, or to use volunteered services of counsel,” Thomas stated. Yet the Supreme Court has expanded that concept to include a right to effective counsel — a reading that “little available evidence” supports “as an original matter.” Therefore, Thomas concluded, the “Court should tread carefully before extending our precedents in this area.”

6 Likes

Both of these “originalists” are cordially invited to go fuck themselves.

Judges are supposed to enact justice, not act as blind, stupid arbiters of the letter of law. The principle of justice matters.

Buuuuuuuuut one of them is also the dude who sided with a company for firing a dude who that company had put in a life and death situation where it was the dude or the goods.

Eat the rich.

9 Likes

While I agree with the sentiment, the rich are a terribly carbon-intensive, low-nutrition source of food.

As others have pointed out before me, we should compost the rich and use them to feed the world, rather than eating them raw.

12 Likes

Barely any more coherent than Ricky Ray Rector.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Thread:

9 Likes
10 Likes

Thanks, Liz. This is a good read. As a transplant I knew the name and 30,000 ft overview of the case. But…Damn.

I’ll finish reading later. Too keyed up to get that worked up right now.

7 Likes

Yeah, it will NOT help your current mood, that’s for sure.

Just remember, Lori Lightfoot and a number of other electees and runoff electees earned their votes due to standing up to our police corruption. People are using the ballot box to fight back. The arc is bending, finally.

9 Likes
8 Likes

(“folds” = typo for “folks”)

13 Likes

8 Likes