Injustice Systems

For resisting arrest without violence. So for not immediately complying with being taken out of class for something he had the right to do.

14 Likes
10 Likes

I had no idea that China had such power over Hollywood. But of course: $$$$

8 Likes

What it always seems like anyway.

2 Likes

“I’m not interested in playing the wizened Jedi in your tentpole,” he explained. “I was successful enough in the last three decades that I can afford to do these [smaller films] now.”

I guess you could say that now all he cares about is love…

4 Likes

https://www.justsecurity.org/62548/exclusive-fbis-war-crimes-unit-chopping-block/

5 Likes

I’m absolutely preaching to the choir here but let’s not forget that the Bellamy salute was created to “honour the flag” and that the entire Pledge of Allegiance looks like fascism 101 to everyone who isn’t North American:

220px-Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute

That kid is absolutely on the right side of history.

15 Likes

FTFY. I’ve been told Canada has a pledge, but I’ve never had to say it, or seen it performed.

8 Likes

I think the closest we have is the Oath of Citizenship:

I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.

There’s also the Oath of Allegiance, for certain public servants to swear, but that’s pretty much just the first half of the Oath of Citizenship.

5 Likes

Go on down to Texas.

The school systems I knew had both an pledge of allegiance to America and a pledge of allegiance to Texas.

10 Likes

In Utah, they had the American Fourth of July and “Pioneer Day,” which celebrated Brigham Young & Co. arriving in the Valley. Guess which one was more popular.

7 Likes

My bad. I deliberately put “North” because I didn’t want to tarnish those who are south of the border with the allegations of fascism, forgetting entirely that Canada is part of continental North America.

I’ll remember to use “USians” when I’m being disparaging from now on…

7 Likes

Well, we’ve got the fascists, unfortunately, but we don’t have the pledge.

7 Likes

We have lemon Pledge. Does that count? Dunno if it has much use for indoctrination, but the furniture sure looks good.

8 Likes

The one Pledge I love the smell of.

7 Likes

Pledge causes clouding. So does Lemon Pledge.

6 Likes

So is Mexico (in North America).

7 Likes

Putting this here because I don’t see this being destroyed. “Destroyed”, yes… After a copy has been moved to a server in a basement that’s harder to get at. Or “destroyed” while something magically similar appears in its place. Me, cynical? No way.

10 Likes

The one hope is that they’re too incompetent to do a backup.

10 Likes

I think it’s about as likely that they’ll fail to disguise that they’re still using the same database, with the same pre-ruling entries.

6 Likes