Injustice Systems

Anything is a weapon, you morons.

So much this. Just finding out a victim had replaced the knives with less stabby ones would be enough to set a lot of abusers off.

By and large, abusers aren’t stupid – and they are constantly on the lookout for changes to the home which might make them feel less secure

11 Likes

Thread.

10 Likes

Man murdered, his family shot. No one detained. Shooter is a cop.

15 Likes

MEANWHILE ON RIGHT-WING BIZARRO EARTH

actually nobody in custody, off-duty cop is himself the killer

10 Likes
9 Likes

Let’s remember that the punishment for not speaking ‘correctly’ at any time of the day or night is that you will be killed and two of your family members will be put in the hospital in critical condition.

9 Likes

Activists and his family had long said Morsi was not receiving treatment for serious health problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes, and was constantly being held in solitary confinement.

11 Likes

“I’m not proud of being up in the courtroom telling a lie,” Bowden said. “[Because] I did tell a lie; I said I didn’t know and I did know.” She also told NPR she lied to officers from the FBI. “[The FBI] asked me if I saw what happened,” she told NPR. “I told 'em I saw some people beating a man, but I didn’t know who they were and I stuck to that,” she said. “Of course, we knew who it was; we just didn’t admit we knew.”

8 Likes
6 Likes

None of this is surprising with Barr in control of the DOJ. A chronic liar and smear artist, Barr has swiftly sullied the agency, turning it into an especially powerful arm of Trump’s PR machine. He and his deputies have all but announced that they have Manafort’s back. Even as the DOJ slow-walks and obstructs the implementation of the First Step Act, keeping rehabilitated prisoners incarcerated for no reason, it helps protect Manafort from the cruelties of the criminal justice system. This is a level of corruption usually only seen in kleptocratic nations. Now it’s right out in the open in these United States.

8 Likes

And, hey, even Alito got it right this time.

Although, of course…

Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood also issued a statement that left open the possibility that Evans could try Flowers again. Hood indicated that when the case returns to Mississippi, “it will be the duty of the district attorney” – Evans – “to re-evaluate the case. If the decision is to retry the case,” Hood said, he is “confident the Court’s guidance will be followed.”

Yes. I’m sure that someone who, after being smacked down four times by state courts for repeatedly doing this same thing in the first six trials, tried to do the same thing in the seventh trial, is going to suddenly change his behaviour for attempt #8.

8 Likes

Thread.

7 Likes

Good interview with Tiffany Cabán:

2 Likes

A Mississippi prosecutor went on a racist crusade to have a black man executed. Clarence Thomas thinks that was just fine.

12 Likes

Not even slightly surprised. That’s Thomas’s MO.

13 Likes
13 Likes
10 Likes

Mrs Irby told officers she feared for her life during the incident and had requested restraining orders on Mr Irby in the past. She was subsequently granted another temporary restraining order.

The next day, Mrs Irby went to her husband’s apartment, gathered up the firearms and brought them to the Lakeland Police Department.

When asked by an officer if she entered the apartment without her husband’s permission, she said she had. The officer asked her to confirm that she had “committed an armed burglary”.

“Yes, but he wasn’t going to turn them in so I am doing it,” she replied, according to the officer.

8 Likes
6 Likes

…That’s a good thing, right?

6 Likes