Injustice Systems

One solution to all problems saves having to think.

8 Likes
14 Likes

I guess I’m a bleeding heart because I can’t think of a reasonable scenario in which any 7 year old ought to be handcuffed.

14 Likes
6 Likes

If they were self-harming so violently and proper medical restraints weren’t available, I could see using handcuffs as a stop gap until the correct equipment was available.

But it’s hard to imagine such a child would be in a regular school in the first place.

7 Likes

In the 20th century, in Virginia (the South, but not the Deep South):

https://postalmuseum.si.edu/collections/object-spotlight/segregated-saddlebag.html

7 Likes

Nonsense. Anything between North Windsor and Philadelphia is South. Anything South of that is Deep South. It’s a matter of perspective… :wink:

7 Likes

It’s funny to imagine how that kind of conversation would play out with an extraterrestrial.

“Well, you see, in the South, there was slavery, and…”

“The South? You mean that icy continent? I find it hard to believe anyone at all lived there.”

“No, no, the South of America.”

“You mean that continent shaped like a comma?”

“No, the south part of the United States of America.”

“You call the southern half of the centre third of North America, just ‘the South?’”

“Well, no, not the whole southern half…”

10 Likes

Well…there’s worse?

Southern Half

12 Likes

From a politically-self-centered viewpoint, wasn’t the US the North Pole? /s

8 Likes

Only because the nerds won’t let the politicians redefine the US as the center of the entire fucking universe. :crazy_face:

10 Likes

11 Likes
9 Likes
16 Likes

https://rewire.news/ablc/2019/08/08/eighth-circuit-north-dakota-law-voting-rights-native-americans/

8 Likes

Okay, I’ve always hated tipping, and now I really hate tipping.

11 Likes

Well let me file in that in the “What A Fucking Surprise!!” folder

11 Likes

Something in America has a racist origin? Who saw THAT twist coming!

jessica-jones-kilgrave-surprise

But if you told people that, they wouldn’t believe you. Well, white people, at least.

15 Likes

I liked the part where they tried to get rid of it and failed. I mean I don’t like it, but it’s something to keep in mind the next time someone tries to tell me tipping has always been a thing.

6 Likes

Underpaying employees has always been a thing.

8 Likes