Injustice Systems

After an initial inquiry last year, Noem commissioned an 80-inch long, 3-foot wide Black Walnut desk in April from Pheasantland, which allows inmates to learn a trade for 50 cents an hour. The order, which came from the governor’s office, asked for basic desk cutouts.

Pheasantland totaled the final build at $9,000, but the interim corrections secretary reportedly ordered them to discount the bill. That provided a $3,000 loss to the prison workshop, with Dakota News Now reporting that some inmates’ work was changed from paid time to unspecified “training time” as a result. Pheasantland paid $8.20 per foot for the black walnut boards but, after the discount, the cost for Noem dropped to $2.02, according to the outlet.

4 Likes

So my ex-girlfriend got beaten up by cops.

She was at an anti-lockdown protest. I don’t know how she wants to address the pandemic. How can I speak out against the violence, and for freedom of speech, without reinforcing anti-masker and anti-vaxxer narratives?

5 Likes

You’re not doing the reinforcing - the antis will twist your views without your help.

Speak out in whatever way works for you.

3 Likes

Okay,

1st of all, lockdowns can work. And they have worked in Tasmania and New Zealand and they can slow things down elsewhere.

2nd, less drastic social distancing can slow things down.

3rd, mass gatherings tend to speed things up.

4th, vaccines can work, they aren’t absolute protection, but they reduce the risk and severity of infections. Not everyone can get vaccinated, not everyone who can’t can get through any special bureaucracy, but those of us who can get vaccinated should to protect those who can’t.

5th, apart from health-care workers, it’s more important to get vaccines to poorer countries than 3rd booster shots in richer countries.

That said, the cops shouldn’t be beating either side up.

Trigger warning for police violence:

1 Like

They shouldn’t be - but they are. I don’t have an answer for that.

WHAT THE FUCK?

2 Likes

It’s already equipped.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes

What the living fuck?

5 Likes

See, they are not “victims” of a “shooting” they are “recipients” of his “freedoms” err, something something, maga, 2a, something

5 Likes

How about “the two boys slaughtered?”

3 Likes

From the Sines vs Kessler Charlottesville Nazi rally trial:

They’re systematically excluding from the jury any people who might hold dangerously biased opinions such as “racism exists, and this is bad”.

3 Likes

That’d be the police under the authority of this mayor, BTW:

The police state is bipartisan.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I was sent this link regarding Florida’s use of “rapid flashing beacons.”

They acknowledge that anything between 5 and 30 flashes per second is a severe seizure risk, so they use some creative accounting to say 6 flashes in 6/10 of a second, followed by a pause for 4/10, must be completely safe.

https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/resources/interim_approval/ia21/index.htm

I mean, even if 6 is the appropriate count, I’m not sure how it’s supposed to be less than 5.

3 Likes

That’s going into an image macro.

4 Likes