Injustice Systems

quantum violin plays for 0.1 picosecond.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Whatever happened to “Thou Shalt Not Kill”? Whatever happened to the concept that killing for any reason is bad and a sin?

They want all the Old Testament violence, but none of the Beatitudes, the right does.

5 Likes

Precisely.

In recent years, the Supreme Court has grown increasingly paranoid about religious discrimination. The Republican-appointed justices see “animosity to religion” around every corner (unless it emanates from Donald Trump). They have been keen to shield people of faith—specifically, conservative Christians—from the faintest whiff of offense. And they have been eager to grant exemptions to religious plaintiffs who insist that complying with the law would violate their beliefs. At no point in any of the court’s recent religious liberty cases did these justices even raise the possibility that these plaintiffs had feigned or exaggerated their beliefs.

Until Tuesday. During arguments in Ramirez v. Collier , several conservative justices expressed serious skepticism toward the sincerity of a religious plaintiff’s faith. The difference between Ramirez and every past case? John Henry Ramirez is on death row, and his demand for a Baptist pastor in the death chamber has delayed his execution date. It turns out that these justices do think that courts can assess the authenticity of religious objections … but only when the objector is about to be killed by the state.

2 Likes

As always: the corporate media are not merely passive observers of white supremacy, they are active and enthusiastic participants in maintaining it.

“Breaks down”.

Effective propaganda is primarily about selection, framing and tone.

2 Likes

How many folks have been put into prison due to bad forensic science, I wonder? Lots, I expect.

5 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

:thread:

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, I looked something up.

1 Like
5 Likes
4 Likes

It is not naivety when is it wilfully self-inflicted and actively maintained.

3 Likes

I hope he has nightmares of watching someone die due to his “self-defense” every night of his life.

And we all know what that can bring.

2 Likes

“How could this happen? How could American justice fall so low? What has Trump done to us? This isn’t my America.”

2 Likes

My Lai.

3 Likes

Motivated by a recent Colbert bit, many liberals are now calling for more restrictive laws around firearms and protesting as a response to the Rittenhouse verdict.

As if the law was the problem here, rather than the biased enforcement of those laws and the cultural gestalt that surrounds them.

Anyway…

6 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Members only article.