2 Likes

“Resisting”. “Falling behind”.

3 Likes

“Independent media”.

5 Likes

Criminal over-use of “normalcy.”

1 Like
5 Likes

It’s frivolous, but it also sucks that I have to spend any amount of time thinking about the risk I’m putting myself into just to go see a band play some music.

4 Likes

Yeah, I feel ya. I just heard that Regina Spektor is going to be in ATL in October, and I’d love to see her… but…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Journal of the Corona Year
6/13/2022

Where I work, everyone is coughing. There are various reasons why that might be. It’s like Russian roulette — you never know which cough will be the one that gets you.

Last week one of my co-workers had Covid-19 for the second time. She previously had it the same time as I did, during the Omicron surge. We are currently in the midst of another surge, but I don’t know the name of it.

This time it hit her much harder. One evening, she couldn’t walk across her apartment without getting winded. She was afraid to go to sleep. She’s 29, doesn’t smoke and is an avid runner. She is fully-vaccinated and “boosted.”

The next day she went to her doctor, who prescribed her steroids and some type of inhaler.

Within two days she was feeling fine. That might be due to of the prescriptions, or just due to the vagaries of COVID-19. She ran four miles on Sunday.

7 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I have several friends with long COVID. One can no longer work. She is on full-time disability. I had several calls with her where she was VERY close to suicide. She is now on continuous steroids, which helps, but creates other issues of course.

The other 2 people I know have had brain fog. They both have had trouble working full time. They own their own businesses. One of them has taken a part time job; she I think had to step back from he own business because she just couldn’t work a lot of the time.

It’s so hard here. Literally no one wears a mask anymore. I went to get my 4th booster - there were hardly any people signed up to get theirs.

When I move to Israel, I’m super excited b/c 90% of their population is vaxxed.

7 Likes

We flew into Knoxville recently, and also Myrtle Beach. We went in masked up, but nobody was wearing their mask. And (shameful to say), we weren’t either when we left. We’re vaxxed up and double boostered. So we just kinda went along with the culture. Going into the old folk’s home, the mask was required, but everything else nobody had them.

But man I feel for those people that have long Covid. There’s not even any way to prepare for something like that. It just hits you and then it’s like also it’s the rest of your life. How the fuck do you deal with that?

5 Likes

Like any other human who’s been struck with a disability, I guess. The best you can.

3 Likes

You’re totally correct and that’s a valid and important point. It’s what people with a disability have been dealing with.

2 Likes

This scene came into my mind re all those who caught the virus and are surviving its after-effectgs.

1 Like

I’ve been feeling really, really sick since my booster on Tuesday. Awful migraines, fatigue, dizziness, more migraines waking me up after every few hours of sleep… Any idea how long this can last?

2 Likes

Has anyone recovered from the booster? How?

2 Likes

Every virus has a right to life.

2 Likes

For me, it was ibuprofen and rest and bitching.

2 Likes