Love in the Time of COVID-19

Boris Johnson was reluctant to tighten Covid restrictions as cases rose last autumn because he thought people dying from it were “essentially all over 80”, Dominic Cummings has claimed.

He also said the prime minister had messaged him to say: “I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff.”

Mr Johnson had wanted to let Covid “wash through the country” rather than destroy the economy, Mr Cummings said.

4 Likes

So, destroying people doesn’t affect the economy?

People can’t buy shit when they’re dead, much less pay taxes.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Sigh. Let’s endanger the lives of current and future taxpayers and voters.

3 Likes

“What we saw in December 2020, and January 2021, that was the absolute peak, the height of the pandemic, where I was signing 10 death certificates a day,” she said. “Now, it’s certainly not like that, but it’s very reminiscent of probably October, November of 2020, where we know there’s a lot of big things coming up.”

Cobia worries that the upcoming school year will lead to a similar surge.

“All these kids are about to go back to school. No mask mandates are in place at all, 70% of Alabama is unvaccinated. Of course, no kids are vaccinated for the most part because they can’t be,” Cobia said. “So it feels like impending doom, basically.”

8 Likes
5 Likes

Clapton said he will not perform anywhere there is a “discriminated audience present”.

His announcement came through the social media accounts of an outspoken anti-vaccine activist.

4 Likes

More proof that he’s a sociopathic cunt.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Perhaps it’s lined with a injector mechanism to vaccinate you while you run.

4 Likes
2 Likes

He’s usually so good about presenting things in such a way that right-wingers might actually listen and feel like he’s taking their ideas into consideration. But in this one he’s basically telling them flat out that they’re stupid (and specifically why, regarding the topic). And as true as it obviously is I doubt it’ll resonate with them.

5 Likes

I was gonna put this in the NF101 thread, but it’s just as relevant here:

2 Likes

And history repeats itself . . .

3 Likes

Last paragraph in the article says it all, m’friend.

1 Like

Ah yes, the trials and tribulations of not RTFA. Oh well!

hah? not fam w/that acro.
What conclusions can be drawn from this? First, that Catherine the Great was indeed great. Second, that trusted public figures receiving a vaccine will encourage others to the same. Third, that nothing is ever new, and that we’re doomed to repeat the same scenarios every century or so. Happy vaccinating!

1 Like
2 Likes

I didn’t (RTFA = read the f***ing article) before posting. One step up from RTA.

So much interwebs, so little time! :nerd_face:

2 Likes