Love in the Time of COVID-19

However, after hearing the quarantine request, three individuals and the child involved drove over to the school in order to protest the decision. The three individuals were later identified as one of the child’s parents, another community member and a local business owner, who live-streamed the confrontation over his business’ Instagram account.

Over the Instagram live, the business owner reportedly shared his discontent over the situation and threatened to use zip ties to arrest the principal of Mesquite Elementary School. The zip ties could also be seen in the video.

(emphasis added)

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Around 3,000 people died of Covid in the USA yesterday.

I initially wrote that as 1,500, but then I remembered that it’d been a few hours since I last checked the news.

2 Likes

1 Like

Australia has changed its Covid strategy: it’s time to leave lockdowns and “come out of the cave”, Prime Minister Scott Morrison has said.

With vaccinations accelerating, he says Australians will soon “live with the virus” for the first time - that is, not try to eliminate it.

1 Like

7 Likes

After arguing with ivermectin supporters, I’m just glad they haven’t picked … well, they’re careful to point out that ivermectin is approved for certain parasitic infections, and say this means it’s proven safe … so I guess I should be glad they haven’t picked thalidomide since it is approved for leprosy.

3 Likes

The Oz vaccination program was rolled out in descending order of age. Young Australians are either ineligible for vaccination or only gained access relatively recently.

2 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Entirely predictable, the inevitable consequence of deliberate choices by those who profit from the status quo.

6 Likes

Do you notice anything peculiar about this group of African Covid protesters?

1 Like

But a new decision—from Butler County Common Pleas Judge Michael A. Oster Jr.—reverses course. Oster said West Chester Hospital does not have to continue treating Smith with ivermectin.

“This Court is not making a decision on the effectiveness of ivermectin. Rather, the question is” whether Smith had “met her burden to be entitled to a preliminary injunction under Ohio law,” wrote Oster in a decision issued yesterday. He didn’t think Smith had.

“What is more, at the hearing, Plaintiff’s own witness, Dr. Wagshul was only able to say that Jeff Smith ‘seems to be’ getting better after receiving ivermectin,” noted Oster. “Wagshul further testified that ‘I honestly don’t know’ if continued use of ivermectin will benefit Jeff Smith.”

3 Likes

Smallpox inoculation was widespread in Africa. Slaves introduced it to the Americas, such as Onesismus who taught it to Cotton Mather. I know some branches of the Dutch Reformed Church still reject any type of inoculation, and wouldn’t be surprised if part of it’s because they don’t want to learn anything from Black people.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Wow, even Scientology understands that protecting your adherents is good policy.

3 Likes

5 Likes