Love in the Time of COVID-19

Ten days until all the Thanksgiving gatherings kick off.

4 Likes

Sheeeeeeottt, the hell w/T-giving gatherings - it’s the pre T-giving sales that worry me.

2 Likes

As before:

9 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

I just got Modernized at my local Walgreens. A man came in while I waiting, wanting to get his COVID-19 booster and got p.o.'d because he was told he needed an appointment. (“Fuck it.”) He was my age, maybe a bit older. Don’t people remember that sometimes they gotta wait for stuff?

Another customer complained about the staff shortage, because she appeared to misunderstand that Rx insurance issues take time, and people don’t want to work, why?! She understood why folks don’t want to work for a while, but: “It’s gotta be over, right?”. Siiiigh.

3 Likes

When I signed up at CVS on-line, I believe I saw something about how you can get a walk-up Moderna booster, but at the store I went to there was a hand-written sign that said “No Walk-ups.” So maybe he was pissed off about that.

At least he wanted a vaccination. But no reason to get mad about it and shout obscenities at the overworked staff (who will definitely get their wings :^)

4 Likes

Oh, he didn’t shout, he just spoke loudly as he semi-stalked away. The counter lady was kinda blase; I think she’d already become numb by that time of the day (11 am).

2 Likes

Here we go again…

4 Likes

The new “pureblood” trend seems to have gotten a big boost from conservative TikToker influencer Lyndsey Marie in a post shared last week replete with hashtags like #harrypotter, #pureblood, and #unvaccinated.

Never got into the whole Harry Potter thing, but I could have sworn that it was made abundantly clear that the whole “pureblood” thing was mostly meaningless and was just used by horrible people to be horrible.

8 Likes

Maybe we should refer to them as “Death Eaters” instead :grin:

7 Likes

4 Likes

Ugh, having those post-booster-shot-backache-generalized-body-aches blues.

3 Likes

more to the point, they were clearly being discriminatory fascists. nazis, shall we say – and didn’t they read the books? they LOSE and go to prison.

8 Likes

This time when they lose, they will go to a cemetery.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Exactly. She’s from Upstate. She probably doesn’t think about office buildings at all.

1 Like
4 Likes

i don’t know why the statement that Beau talks about isn’t getting more press. if conspiracy-minded grifters use their nursing and doctor’s credentials to spread misinformation and now risk their licensing as a result, that’s a big deal.

7 Likes
5 Likes

The daft plague rats are having a day out in Hobart.

4 Likes