Love in the Time of COVID-19

Oh, I forgot, one of the reasons I wanted to post was to share symptoms. I guess so people know what to expect or whatever, idk, not thinking super clearly right now. But anyway.

Sinuses and throat are burning like a bad sinus infection. There’s a cough too, but it’s nothing like a bronchitis or pneumonia cough, it’s actually pretty trivial. And the bad one - pooping feels like you’re blasting yourself to Mars. You’re gonna want good quality toilet paper. (So happy we’re not still on that hotel toilet paper - might as well have been wiping with sandpaper).

Wife also has really bad headaches and a noxious taste/smell that actually wakes her up at night. So far I don’t have either of those (knock on wood).

Anyway, I just wanted to share that, for some reason. I don’t know why, it seemed important.

10 Likes

Day 4 of having Covid, and second day on Paxlovid. I had a glass of ‘throat calming’ tea this morning (sent in a care package by my work) and went back to bed for awhile. Woke up this afternoon feeling a bit more human. A little congested, a little fever/chills, but my throat wasn’t bad and still no ‘paxlovid mouth’ bad taste. Brain feels a lot clearer.

I picked The Big Lebowski for my movie to watch, seems appropriately light. I’m going to get back to that and then go to bed early again.

8 Likes

Day 7 (and final?) of having Covid. Took my last dose of paxlovid.

Also took a test and came up negative! Woohoo! This means I can actually be around my daughter again. And can go to the store if I need to and stuff. And I can get back to work.

I’d say out of the whole thing, there was fever/chills, congestion, brain fog and exhaustion, but the worst was the digestive symptoms. I know it’s usually best to let the body purge itself, so I did for as long as I could stand, but I caved last night and took an Immodium. And it worked. World of difference not having a traitorous belly.

I’m happy to be back in the land of the living, so to speak. Went out and trimmed the weeds in the yard which had gotten overgrown. Feeling way better.

7 Likes

I have IBS, so another reason for me not to get infected!

What worries me about folks who’ve recovered from it is the long-term side effects. Which we won’t really know about for another, what, five to ten years?

Oh yeah, forgot to ask how the spouse is, and I’m glad you’re feeling better!

4 Likes

Oh, thank you so much!

Wifey was feeling better and perky and totally back to normal a few days before me. She’s always like that - she’ll get a two-week flu and be feeling perfectly fine after 24 hours. Something about that Norwegian super-immune system.

She was like “I’m feeling totally wonderful but you seem to be getting worse, maybe we should take you in to urgent care.” And I’m just like no, this is just what being sick is like for us normal people. It takes us awhile.

As for long covid, I’m aware that it exists, but so far nothing can be done about it. I don’t think I’ll get it - I think my attention span is too short to just latch onto something like that. Which might sound like silly reasoning, but eh, we each fight our own battles our own way. And so far, we know so little about long covid. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes
3 Likes

Okay, I admit it: I don’t get it.

2 Likes

If you want an over-explanation:

But in the end, the joke might just be “why would anyone want this?!?!?”

4 Likes

I figured that’s what it was, but I guess I thought it would be funnier?

2 Likes

My wife just got the latest booster this week. I’ll probably be getting mine soon.

Stay safe.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Yeppers.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I got my update booster shot today at the Walgreens store nearest me.

And I got 2 bags, but devoured one a few minutes before the photo was taken.
WIN_20221008_15_06_11_Pro

My favorite over even sour-cream-&-onion!

6 Likes

My wife has gotten hers. I still need to get mine but didn’t want to overlap. This means my daughter will be able to get one too.

We’re getting our Flu shots today. Make sure not to ignore those.

4 Likes

I got the new booster in one arm, and flu in the other. I was expecting to feel horrible, worse (edit to add) than before, but it wasn’t as bad. Crummy but not whimpering and wishing to pass out. That’s probably down to being diagnosed and treated for hypothyroid, in the last year. Everything has been better with adequate thyroid hormone on board.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Ugh. This is NOT good news at all.

4 Likes
2 Likes