Love in the Time of COVID-19

I feel like Wile E. Coyote who has run off a cliff, just realized there is no ground under his feet, but not quite yet begun to fall.

5 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mcconnell-claims-impeachment-diverted-the-attention-of-trump-administration-from-coronavirus-response/2020/03/31/6cd84128-736f-11ea-a9bd-9f8b593300d0_story.html

Fuck McConman.

6 Likes

If the Trump administration canā€™t deal with more than two things at once, it shows a unprecedented level of incompetence, worthy of resignation of all high officials, including the president and VP.

5 Likes

All this stuff about masks. Faceshields, baybee. If it works for hydrofluoric acid cominā€™ in, it should work for spittle goinā€™ out. And reusable. Washable, etc.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been there a few times after RIFs.

So, on a more positive workplace noteā€¦

I needed to go by the data center to do some things I had to be on-site for.

My company is still paying for the cleaning contractor who was brought in during the day when (pre-corona) we had nearly doubled the people working out of the building.

The building has never been so clean.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Same hereā€¦ I had to go into my lab just to show my face and make sure the folks who are still working know Iā€™m still here and Iā€™m still paying attention. My lab never smells. But right now thereā€™s the slightest touch of bleach and some unnamed commercial cleaner. You miss it if it isnā€™t there.

The lab is just sort of running itself. I donā€™t actually need to do anything. We spent a lot of money and time and war-gamed scenarios for just this kind of thing. Thereā€™s nothing else I can do at this point other than react if something goes wrong. But the supes are running their departments, the techs are doing their work, everybody that can work remotely, is. It justā€¦ runs.

5 Likes

Ummm hasnā€™t the administration and the demented orange turd himself been showing ā€˜unprecedented levels of incompetenceā€™ since day one of the 45 reign, maybe even before officially coming into office?

5 Likes

Of course, but itā€™s rare to hear them give such a strong public admission of gross incompetence and inability to govern.

6 Likes

Iā€™m so angry right now. I know what itā€™s like to be a whistleblower. People being fired for showing the gross incompetence that exists. Irony: One of the hospitals is named PeaceHealth St. Joseph.

9 Likes

3 Likes

The picture is horribly blurry. Perhaps the photographer was shooed away?

6 Likes

Itā€™s taken here in Belgium. It is illegal here to identify medical patients or healthcare workers publicly without their permission, so the picture is deliberately blurred.

9 Likes
7 Likes

Oh, the humanity!

8 Likes

Itā€™s as if millions of tushes cried out in terror, then were suddenly silenced.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Yes, but I reckon they donā€™t view it as incompetence or inability to govern. They think theyā€™re wonderful, doing a great job, and fooling all of the people all of the time. God I hope the demented orange turd strokes out or has a massive heart attack really soon. Too late for those already infected or dead, unfortunately.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Iā€™ll take tone-deaf celebrities for 1000, Alex.

7 Likes