Love in the Time of COVID-19

Pretty balanced article, considering how easy it is to jump to a conclusion (no pun intended).

7 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes

See also, Nazis, evil:

They’re not that fast. They’re small, and they’re not built for speed. Just a lot faster than humans. They’re bult for ambushes, especially if they can drop from above.

4 Likes

Or more on-point:

4 Likes

The Star Wars comparison…

3 Likes
5 Likes

Of course it will. After how many millions die?

5 Likes

So. There was an ambulance and fire truck that came next door earlier this afternoon The house with the one resident who’s an asshole, who’s given me trouble in the past.

Long story short: Someone was taken out on a gurney, face uncovered, but had a oxygen mask on - not necessarily COVID-19, as the older male, the young guy’s dad, has had heart problems in the past. People were coming and going from there before, during, and after the trucks left. Two Warren PD SUVs showed up, but didn’t go in the house. Only people wearing masks were first responders. I’m not sure who was on the gurney, though.

Angry Guy has gone and come back a couple times. Didn’t see him, just his vehicle. The Mercedes SUV that was there since yesterday left and came back - folks wearing masks, though the driver had his off because he HAD to have a smoke. And just now, a young lady got dropped off, clutching a mask in her hands while walking up to the house.

Sheezus pleezus.

3 Likes

I don’t know… I could be wrong (and I’m definitely not an epidemiologist), but I thought that even with the high infection rate, reaching full herd immunity the old-fashioned way would take some doing (and far too much death) and still wouldn’t mean it was gone. And without that, fully getting rid of it without a vaccine would mean having all of the potential reservoirs also going away, and there doesn’t really seem to be enough of a push to accomplish that…

Eventually it might get to the point where it’s roughly the same threat as the normal flu, but that’s still not an easy road. For the sort of thing he’s talking about, summer would need to be this disease’s kryptonite…

7 Likes

Six members of Mr Pence’s team were abruptly taken off his plane, Air Force 2, after it was held on the tarmac outside Washington, DC for over an hour on Friday, as he prepared to travel to Iowa to meet religious leaders.

The staff members had had recent contact with Mrs Miller, according to an unnamed US official cited in the media pool report. The president and vice-president had not.

Mrs Miller is the wife of Trump aide Stephen Miller.

5 Likes

At 0.00314% more toxic than he was beforehand, the experience for him was scientifically measurable in a test of social toxicity that hadn’t been defunded yet.

5 Likes

I can’t remember if it’s he or Jared Kushner that John Oliver described as being scary to Slenderman.

5 Likes

He’s the one who looks like a less sexy Riff Raff from Rocky Horror.

6 Likes

He’s not even that attractive…

2 Likes

Aaaaand now I have the image of him at the podium suddenly breaking out with “driiiiinking… those moments when… the blackness would hit me…”

It’d be a heckuva lot more relevant than most times he’s at the podium, at least.

5 Likes

There’s this ongoing thing in the holistic health community about doctors being murdered or dying in suspicious ways. I never know what to think about it all.

3 Likes