Love in the Time of COVID-19

7 Likes

I used to buy raw milk off a farm close to us, but they stopped doing that several years ago. Recently, I found another farm, just a little further away, where they sell raw cow and goat milk, and I made an appointment to go out there and get set up to buy milk as needed. Being a legal gray area, one goes into a building, leaves the money and takes the milk, but only after they take your bottle deposits and show you around.

Butā€¦ the owner thinks covid is a hoax to make trump look bad, and now I just canā€™t. I donā€™t want to contract it, I donā€™t want to fight about it, and I donā€™t especially want to patronize a business that relies on cleanliness and yet wonā€™t take this seriously.

I am, shall we say, disappoint.

12 Likes

Itā€™s amazing how Many things there Are that make Trump look bad.

8 Likes

If he dies, do you think things will get better or worse? That is, IF heā€™s ACTUALLY taking it.

4 Likes

Iā€™d hesitate to give those deluded assholes a martyrā€¦ you know, if I had any control over anything whatsoever.

4 Likes
5 Likes

This isā€¦wow! Truth IS stranger than? similar to? fiction, after all!

11 Likes

Look, be happy that Iā€™m active enough to even find this stuff, read it, and post it, okay, LOL? My neighbors are still having outsiders over.

Plus, this is in my old stomping grounds. St. Ambrose was also featured in the Clint Eastwood vehicle, ā€œGran Torinoā€ (pun intended).

7 Likes
14 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ll stick to my land lubbing ways. The ocean is BIG.

3 Likes

Given the way the people in the video are huffing and puffing while moving around in these things, Iā€™m not really convinced they improve the situation all that much.

5 Likes

And now for something on the lighter sideā€¦ :wink:

14 Likes
4 Likes

It is big, and it is deep, and it does not care about you in the slightest. Ask Jim Gray.

I was thinking of him when I read that story. Thereā€™s a certain similarity between the two guys. Or maybe rich old white guys on boats all look the same?

4 Likes

I thought of Robinson Crusoe first, honest! Then Thor Heyerdahl and the Kon-Tiki.

1 Like

Hey, would it be a bit much to put red paint on my door, to simulate lambsā€™ blood? I mean, I want to freak my neighbors out, but in a low-key manner. Remember, the black-heart drawing I left on my front door for a year indicating my mom had died went unnoticed by most of my neighbors.

And one thing about the pandemic - NO EVANGELICALS AT THE DOOR!

4 Likes

Oh geez!

2 Likes

That appears to be Midland, MI, to save time for anyone else who might know other cities by that name.

6 Likes

It is in Michigan. Sorry for the omission.

3 Likes

When I went digging I couldnā€™t find a more specific identifier on the news site either, so itā€™s not all you. :wink:

5 Likes