Love in the Time of COVID-19

In the NYT Friday’s Briefing email, it says that illegal fireworks are getting out of control there and that it’s because folks are bored and “fireworks are fun!” Um…

6 Likes

In this case, given this is GOP stronghold Cobb co/ Austell GA (very much Trump country), he’s fucking over his own supporters.

5 Likes
11 Likes

Got this idea from a mutual friend here…the ideal social-distancing animal is…
https://imgur.com/d6RC50J

7 Likes

It’s not a game, no need to “root” for anyone, because everyone involved is despicable in some way.

Beck is a horrible opportunist who’s openly stated wants older people to die for the good of the economy; I hope he’s one of them. (Ditto for O’Reilly.)

The people who booked the cruise? Hard for me to feel any sympathy for hateful fools being parted from their money.

The cruise line and every other corporate entity involved? Greedy fucks, willing to fuck people over at every turn.

9 Likes

The comments are as disturbing as the story itself.

1 Like

The late Charles Bronson as “COVID-19” in the 2020 installment of the “Death Wish” series:

5 Likes

Apparently the illness is even more the opposite of fun than regular plague. Trump’s been symptomatic since 1965.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Jim Carrey has some shit to say, I guess.

Don’t start jerking yourself off just yet, dude, there’s always a fresh crop of selfish rich assholes who are self-righteous about it and buying all the ad time to promote the idea.

5 Likes

A co-worker went to visit relatives and apparently the airlines are canceling enough flights that when people do fly they “pack 'em in like sardines”. And nobody in White midwest (Nebraska) wears a mask, so he’s voluntarily quarantining himself.

7 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-29/gilead-says-remdesivir-will-cost-2-340-for-five-day-treatment

And that’s considered the “middle ground”

Gilead’s pricing decision is consequential because it sets a precedent for how much future Covid-19 treatments might cost. While it’s higher than some patient groups had pushed for, it was close to a level that some drug-pricing watchdogs have said would be acceptable based on remdesivir’s expected benefit.

5 Likes

Okay, do we have exhibit ALL or just SOME of the symptoms to require being tested?

7 Likes
4 Likes

U! S! A!

2 Likes

I’d say some, since not everyone has shown the same level of illness?

2 Likes
5 Likes
11 Likes

I tried to explain the joke to my daughter, but since she has no experience with Star Trek, it did not work.

Clearly I have some work to do.

7 Likes