Love in the Time of COVID-19

:thinking:

4 Likes

At this point Anime Weekend Atlanta is still scheduled to go on, but I can’t imagine it will if cases keep going up in GA.

6 Likes

[…]and laissez-faire capitalism,” has recently accepted—I assume grudgingly—government assistance to the tune of a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan between $350K and $1 million, according to The Wall Street Journal ‘s Pat Fitzgerald.

5 Likes

Oh that is rich. I can’t even be mad because it makes me laugh so damn hard.

7 Likes

I always knew he was part of the deep state.

7 Likes
6 Likes
12 Likes

Imagine a star empire build with these values.

The emperor must always be the strongest and boldest of men, and never back down. A local governer sets up a boxing duel with a kybernetically-modified bear. The emperor is the strongest and boldest of men, so who would cut down the challenges or question his ability to win? The emperor dies. The empire descends into civil war over who is more male-chauvinist.

3 Likes

Far-right nationalists have been blamed for stirring up the unrest and storming the assembly building. Serbian media said they included an MP who has pushed anti-vaccine and anti-5G conspiracy theories.

6 Likes

The gift that keeps on giving, whether we want it to or not…

5 Likes

11 Likes

I hate to ask, but what’s it doing to anyone with an existing brain disorder?

6 Likes

Probably making it worse (but perhaps in different ways). My guess it’s due to tiny blood clots blocking small areas of the brain.

This is one nasty disease.

8 Likes
5 Likes

I want to die, but not from COVID-19. I saw my mom on a respirator. Fuck that.

I’m getting tired of seeing on FB, “Well, you’re going to get it, everyone’s going to get it.” Like, that’s dreadfully unnecessary.

6 Likes

What is the overlap between (a) anti-vaxxers who insist that “herd immunity” shows that doctors think of patients as cattle and (b) doomers who insist that “herd immunity” shows that far-right-wing politicians have the right idea and doctors and non-far-right-wing politiciams are conspiring to prolong the suffering?

1 Like

People who need to work through case studies in herd immunity by themselves.

2 Likes

I’ve been screaming inside my heart continuously for nearly four years…

12 Likes
10 Likes

I like how right wing dumbfucks collectively seem to be capable of learning up to one phrase per year that is supposed to make them sound informed on a current issue. The first time I noticed was after Fukushima when suddenly they all kept going on about “baseload capability”. This time it is “herd immunity”.

10 Likes