Love in the Time of COVID-19

4 Likes

The infection rate of COVID19 is way lower than that of bad information about it. Too bad there isnā€™t even a mask to cut the rate down.

4 Likes
5 Likes

You mean . . . thereā€™s something going around?

6 Likes

Been struggling with worsening asthma. I switched out another air filter on Thursday. I hope itā€™s just seasonal allergies and asthma.

6 Likes
4 Likes

My seasonal allergies used to start in what used to be spring; this year, they decided to wait a few months.

Or is it still spring?

3 Likes

Trump is killinā€™ all the nanas, even those of his political ā€œfriendsā€.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Iā€™ve been so angry todayā€¦the folks next door are STILL having gatherings, arriving in Caddy SUVs and a huge Dodge pickup (PLUS they have five cars of their own) outdoors, but no masks (Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re not wearing them inside, either)ā€¦and Iā€™m stuck in the house, with not even enough gas in my car to go for a nice ride, and no money to buy more.

I just donā€™t get it.

6 Likes

And in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, a state of emergency has been declared. As of 6pm last night, we moved to stage 4 of lockdown 2.0. With a curfew from 8pm to 5am. I missed this news as I was sleeping after work. It means that, as a nightowl, I canā€™t grocery shop at my customary time of after 8pm. For the next six weeks, at least. Oh well, whatever it takes to get this plague under control.

8 Likes

I found out about on FB from Carly Findlay, whom I follow. I hope things are better there than they are here in the US!

3 Likes

Remember Stephnie Weir from ā€œMADtvā€? This is hilarious!

2 Likes

I have a friend in the Midlands, and someday Iā€™m gonna go there and visit her!

https://west-midlands.police.uk/news/local-businesses-flock-help-animal-sanctuary-targeted-criminals?fbclid=IwAR3ZcL0sx6IK-FooqAqT-NSBL1OQA3HO-wQNhGwYxDA9XKYOdryDnROjqbg

I just picked up a prescription from a tiny local pharmacy. The prescription had to be compounded so thereā€™s only a few places I can get it. Thereā€™s only one or two people who work there, and the hours are limited.

They keep the door locked, I suppose because it is really tiny store. I was supposed to call them when I got there and wait outside. The only person with the key was in the bathroom, a situation I can identify with, so that wasnā€™t a problem.

Five minutes later the compounding pharmacist, whom I know from previous refills, walked out with the drug.

I was wearing a mask of courseā€“but she wasnā€™t. Youā€™d think a health professional would know better.

6 Likes

Also, I was wrong. Itā€™s been declared a state of disaster, not state of emergency.

Anyway. Most retail stores, manufacturers etc will be required to close from either midnight tonight (Tues) or tomorrow night. No childcare centres open, schoolkids are back to remote learning. Kids with essential worker parents were allowed to attend school last time but Iā€™m not sure this time.

Um, what else? Thereā€™s a slight irony in that my work-from-home job which deals with most Australian states went back to pre-pandemic hours just last week. And that at the age of 47, Iā€™m finally going to have to learn to adult properly and shop etc - where I can - during the day because the curfewā€™s been enacted. Goodness me! :sunglasses::mask:

8 Likes

Good luck to you! Itā€™s not as difficult as you may think!

3 Likes

Police said this trend included so-called ā€œsovereign citizensā€ - who espouse an anti-government ideology - confronting officers.

1 Like

Yeah, that looks perfectly safe.

:scream:

11 Likes

Welp, the conservatives got their dumbing down, all right.

(and the dumbing-down part has a great deal to do with our current sitch)

4 Likes