Love in the Time of COVID-19

And that’s why they call it Zoom.

5 Likes

Eh, our cats barf on the floor all the time.

But yay on the test. Hope it’s not a false negative. You might want to retest if this doesn’t go away.

7 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes
5 Likes

Is this kind of nonsense happening elsewhere in the world? Or is the US speshal?

4 Likes

Mask usage has been reasonably consistent until today when we crossed into Idaho.

Stopped into the local Grocery Store and only one other person (another customer) was wearing a mask.

Honestly, with the amount of smoke in the air, I’d be wearing a mask regardless of Covid.

6 Likes

Wearing a mask at home the other day was the only way to get the smell of camp-trash-fire out of my nose. All my boogers are still brown, though.

4 Likes

“These health-care providers and others are reimbursed at a higher rate if COVID is tied to it, so what do you think they’re doing?” Ernst said, according to an account by the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier. More than 193,000 Americans have died from COVID-19, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, but Ernst said, “They’re thinking there may be 10,000 or less deaths that were actually singularly COVID-19.”

Her comments echoed conspiracy theories that have been pushed by QAnon followers and debunked by public health experts who note that the number of U.S. deaths from COVID-19 is likely an undercount. Medical professionals have called Ernst’s comments dangerous, and Greenfield, her Democratic rival, called out Ernst in a video.

5 Likes

They’re not thinking, at all. They’re just spouting BS.

5 Likes

There’s the sticking point… they’re only wanting to count deaths where COVID-19 is the only thing on the death certificate.

Which is insane when you’re dealing with a disease that primarily kills by causing complications that have their own medical diagnosis.

But it lets them be somewhat, technically correct even while they’re basically saying “that guy died because he bled out and his heart stopped, not because he was hit by a speeding bus moments before!”

8 Likes

And you never die of a myocardial infarction either. That’s just a blood clot that blocks an artery. The artery happens to be in the heart, and the heart muscle that the artery feeds then dies, then the heart can’t work well anymore and the rest of the body dies. So it isn’t due to the blood clot.

7 Likes
9 Likes

I wish we did that here.

6 Likes

Understandable, but never give a cop any ideas for inflicting hard labor.

9 Likes

But Ditchgravedigging builds character!

7 Likes
4 Likes

Time for a severe austerity budget, right? Or are they smarter than that in NZ?

4 Likes

They’ve been pretty smart so far…

4 Likes

WARNING: Multipile major gross-out factors:

3 Likes