Love in the Time of COVID-19

6 Likes

Eighty-seven years old?! ZOMG. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m for term limits. I donā€™t care which party. These fossils are usually obstructionists and/or out of touch with actuality.

Feinstein too? Boy, I wish the Mitchell brothers had lived longerā€¦

And Young, from AK - WTF???

3 Likes

With cases going up by more than a thousand every day in El Paso, some 76,000 people have now been infected. Thatā€™s about the same number of confirmed cases as in the whole of Greece or Libya.

6 Likes

ā€œHowā€™s that ā€˜itā€™s all a hoax!ā€™ business going for you West Texans?ā€

3 Likes

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in hard with Corona virus
Nighttime would find me with fever and gasping
Iā€™d try to stand up an the room would whirl

4 Likes

:fist_right::us::fist_left:

5 Likes

And weā€™re back to full virtual. At least she can read now.

5 Likes

Apparently this is from June, but I just saw itā€¦

And this:

8 Likes

i wouldnā€™t mind having the mask that says ā€œit goes over your nose,ā€ thatā€™s for sure.

9 Likes

Only problem is, thereā€™s a part of me that would demand to wear it underneath the nose occasionally just because.

Or up above the mouth.

Iā€™d probably hold in the temptation in public, but itā€™d be a close thingā€¦

4 Likes
2 Likes

There are a few interesting graphs in this story comparing the two states infection rates and unemployment rates.

7 Likes

The library district where my spouse works finally decided to go back to curbside only.

This is after three of the branches had to close temporarily. In two cases it was because an employee tested positive. In the third, it was because a patron decided a public library would be a GREAT place to hang out with no mask while waiting for the results of her rapid test (which were positive).

Meanwhile, I have tried two new masksā€¦

The Under Armor SportsMask is literally the worst mask out of 7 I have now. For a different shape of face, ears, etc. it might work ā€“ but it is simultaneously too loose to fit my face and too small on the ear loops (adding an ear saver doesnā€™t really help) and fogs my glasses immediately. It seems to have been designed upside-down (in terms of the logo, internal printing etc.) but it fits equally poorly in either orientation. And it cost me $30 to find this out.

But the one from CONICOMasks on Etsy (ā€œBest Face mask for Glasses wearers USA handmade Free shipping Japanese cotton 3D professional solid colors reusable washable anti fog coolā€) is great. Super comfortable, does not pull on my ears, does not fog up my glasses or pinch my nose or anything. I just ordered two more.

8 Likes
6 Likes

I might have try one of those.

1 Like

Awww.

3 Likes

Hopes and prayers.

Though I donā€™t think Iā€™ll specify for what.

7 Likes

Too bad they have the access to medical care theyā€™re trying to keep from everyone else.

Iā€™m getting reeeeeeeeeally hardened by this COVID-19/non-conceding/people supporting T**** still-deal. My neighbors keep having other households enter their bubbles, I see no one wearing masks when theyā€™re coming in or out of the house when I do see them; others still have signs for T**** on their lawns; and I find out someone I previously respected thinks that guy is sexist but not racist.

Because if these folks die on their own - not from any sort of assassination attempt, but especially if itā€™s from COVID-19 - maybe their supporters will have that toad-elevating moment and realize that yeah, itā€™s real and yeah, the folks they look up to are not immortals.

Imagine 72 million light bulbs turning on at once over their respective heads. Be quite a sight.

Not that I think this is actually going to happen. But itā€™s a guilt-free scenario. Iā€™ve tried for years to be as compassionate as possible to other humans, even despite being abused by them. But itā€™s not just me being abused this time by one person or a clique; itā€™s my fellow Americans being abused by their leaders. And my outrage has been building from the time he was announced the winner in 2016. He, his family, his minions, his supporters should not be given any mercy; they should be stripped of everything they care about.

Just like this pandemic has done to us. Not being able to go out and sing has not only socked me in the pocketbook (it wasnā€™t much but it was SOMEthing), but in my heart and soul. My one way to bring joy to others, ā€œgare-UN-teedā€, as Chef Justin would put it, is gone, and may never be back. Even with a vaccine.

Ah, Iā€™m getting maudlin. Thanks for lettinā€™ me vent.

6 Likes

(A bit of a ā€œyeah, we knowā€ kind of thing, but the video lays out the differences well.)

4 Likes
3 Likes