Love in the Time of COVID-19

:notes: Oh, it donā€™t mean a thing
if you ainā€™t got that
peer-reviewable, controlled, high-quality recovery and safety data
and availability without bankrupting the average person :musical_note:

Hrm, doesnā€™t flow nearly as well as the original.

9 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

This makes me feel better about the fact that my family and I have picked Vermont as our next location. Also they tried some sort of single-payer healthcare awhile back. Although it got canned, at least they tried.

Only been there a couple times, but both times it seemed quite nice. Been looking at available houses online, and might make the leap in the next year or two.

4 Likes

My brother is dying fromā€¦ you guessed it, cancer. And I canā€™t go visit. I thought about loading up the car and driving out from Oregon to Ohio. Any other season I would with some expectation of being Covid-safe. But Iā€™m not flying.

10 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that. Mineā€™s a Hodgkinā€™s survivor. But he has no spleen. I worry about him going to AA meetings, though - or anywhere else, no matter how many precautions he takes.

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Our Emergency Minister Bill Blair, around October 7, decreed foreign visitors were allowed in to visit dying immediate relatives. Theyā€™d still have to quarantine for two weeks. I wonder if my in-laws would have come up had pneumonia not taken their boy two days later, whose birthday is today.

Maybe itā€™s not such a bad thing that I canā€™t visit a liquor store today.

11 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry Tobinā€™s birthday is so very soon after his death. Today must be incredibly hard for you. Lots of love from an Internet stranger to you and the boy.

10 Likes

Itā€™s his parents I feel for. His motherā€™s birthday is October 8, he died October 9.
Not only is tomorrow US Thanksgiving, itā€™s his fatherā€™s birthday.

Incidentally, my mother died the day before my brotherā€™s birthday.

Iā€™ve asked friends elsewhere for novelties and braintickling amusements, the companionship and succor of others will help me through this day as they have the last 46, including lots of love from an internet stranger to us. :heart:

12 Likes

What come_to_mumma said, I most heartily second. <3

4 Likes

Well, fuck.

8 Likes

CJ Roberts seems to be doing a bit of that lately, hasnā€™t he?

3 Likes

Those Catholic dominionist justices Trump bought really are paying off, arenā€™t they?

6 Likes
4 Likes

from wikipedia

The English bishops at the Council were characterized by their ultramontanism and described as ā€œbeing more Catholic than the Pope himselfā€

3 Likes

Yeah, American Catholicism is a medieval type of evil

5 Likes

The American version of ANYthing is like that!

Although I think the Spanish have a historical record worse than ours when it comes to Roman Catholicism.

2 Likes