Love in the Time of COVID-19

Wait, is there something the two of you want to tell us?!

3 Likes

He’s my brother?

4 Likes

I hope the both of you get well soon.

7 Likes

My wishes for a speedy recovery for you both.

6 Likes

you ARE both getting tested immediately, right? those are all COVID symptoms. how’s your sense of taste and smell? still have it?

3 Likes

Low body temperature rather than high, strong senses of taste and smell. So it’s not obvious what going on.

There’s been a sudden temperature decline, but it’s still 66 degrees in here, so it’s not clear if this could explain the chills without illness, and there’s no pressure decline to explain the headaches.

I think we need to arrange grocery delivery until it’s clear, one way or the other, and then arrange for one or both of us to get tested. I’ll probably need to cancel upcoming doctors’ appointments, and inform those I’ve seen in the past week.

8 Likes

My secretary never got above 99.something. When she was diagnosed in the hospital, she was actually at 97.something. Definitely see if one or both of you can get tested, and quarantine, of course.

I’m so sorry, and hope you have as easy a time of it as some people manage to have.

9 Likes

I’ve looked for advice on setting up grocery delivery, but it’s all about starting a grocery delivery business. Anyone here have relevant experience or advice?

6 Likes

I’d pick a store (local grocer, costco) or service (instacart) and then go direct to their site. Here, most of our local stores are on instacart.

6 Likes

Thanks. The local grocery does have their own service.

5 Likes

Also turns out that when I finally got the ride system to accept a trip, it changed the address after accepting, and the cancelled the trip due to an invalid address. Didn’t find out until I was trying to cancel on my own.

5 Likes

Even Australia, the nation of Foster’s, is kicking the USA’s butt.

5 Likes

Feeling very sick again, severe migraine, disorientation, fatigue. Ordered groceries for tomorrow and the next week. Hoping they keep.

5 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

“I had just finished a seven day stretch in the intensive care unit. There had been patient after patient, after patient who was not surviving this illness and beyond the physical exhaustion of working a hundred hours that week, I was mentally fatigued,” Dr. Jacob Keeperman, medical director of Renown Transfer and Operations Center, said. So, he posted a tweet thanking his teammates.

So, it stung when President Donald Trump and a wave of Twitter users responded to his post saying the makeshift unit was fake.

The feedback he received online made that the worst day of the pandemic for him, he said.

It’s amazing that, as bad as things might get, Trump always finds a way to make them worse. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Groceries arrived.

Unfortunately, they were out of the tortilla chips, and I haven’t found anything else that helps with my migraines. I am feeling way too sick to cook anything. Maybe pasta. We have some frozen spaghetti.

5 Likes

Ahh the game of Grocery Delivery Roulette.

We were out of X, Y & Z

So we substituted things that someone thought was a reasonable replacement

6 Likes

I find that dry crisp-rice cereal helps me. What about a whole-grain corn cereal, unsweetened? Or something of that nature?

Yes, but they have aded nitrates, so not ideal.

Alsio trying to figure out how to safely retrieve mail and dispose of trash and recycling.

1 Like