Love in the Time of COVID-19

The only thing I can think of for that would be to have multiple sets of gloves and outerclothing to wear in rotation, then launder them as soon as you see fit. Otherwise, all I can think of Goldbergian machinery for those tasks.

8 Likes
2 Likes

os1_19b

First thing that came to mind. Though thereā€™s precedent:

5 Likes

My best ideas so farā€“

• Reduce. No more than 2 trash+mail runs each week, no recycling runs.

• Avoid meeting people. Go in the night, when thereā€™s less risk.

• Wash first, and thoroughly wash hands.

• Double-bag trash. Including stuff like air filters which I wouldnā€™t usually bag.

• Wear something on my hands. Tonight, disposable grocery bags, since we have way too many of them.

I hope thatā€™s enough, because I donā€™t think I can go 2 weeks without taking out the trash.

P.S. And of course

• Wear a clean mask, but that goes without saying.
3 Likes

Walt Disney World No Longer Placing Digital Face Masks Over Maskless Guests in On-Ride Photos

In response to guest requests, we tested modifying some ride photos. We are no longer doing this and continue to expect guests to wear face coverings except when actively eating or drinking while stationary.

Because the best way to enforce a mandatory safety requirement is by giving people a digital, imaginary fig leaf.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s been standard operating procedure for me for about the last 30 years. Sure, some bad stuff happens at night, but if you keep an ear open, youā€™ll be ahead of it. And you have the cover of darkness on your side.

2 Likes
7 Likes

The ā€œworse than when I was in warā€ section is mindblowingly sharp. The quote ā€œI call this a crime against humanity, because thatā€™s exactly what this is.ā€ coming from someone whoā€™s actually been there and all, is just - I donā€™t even have words for it. It hits.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a crime against humanity, democracy, a country, and an economy.

3 Likes

More and more I am convinced that thd lack of real response to this horrible disease is no accident. COVID is Trumpā€™s gas chambers.

8 Likes

Yep, once they recognized that ā€œsomeā€ people were more susceptible. Kushner is also guilty of genocide, IMO.

5 Likes

These articles are seeing his motives as political. Given the death toll and who it has affected, given Steven Millerā€™s influence on Trump, I believe that his motive is genocide.

5 Likes

They donā€™t even give a good goddamn about their own:

5 Likes

Letā€™s not forget that Trump et al believe in eugenics.

6 Likes

Ugh, they want to breed everyone to be like them? GROSS!!!

3 Likes

This is my point exactly - they do believe in eugenics. I think that to see their actions as simply callous ignores how much effort has gone into suppressing government response. This administration has openly courted Nazis. They have put POC in cages. I think that the reality of what they have done needs to be clear in our heads. We have lived through a genocide in our country, and the tool of that genocide was COVID-19.

6 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

I got tested today. A friendā€™s co-worker came down with symptoms. It wasnā€™t the right criteria or timeline but my roommate pressured me to go anyway.

11 Likes