March mammal madness

Post your Brackets!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Robbed! Praying Mantis defeats GoldCrest.

1 Like

Not doing too badly overall, but the hedgehog loss was brutal and my Urban Jungle’s in ruins.

4 Likes

Tonight it’s Antecessors and When the Kat’s Away round 2. Hoping Doedicurus does well, even if it means the sad loss of the aqua-sloth.

4 Likes

Were I to be given ONE animal to bring back from extinction and be able to have as a pet, it would be the Ankylosaurus.

And since Doedicurus scratches most of those itches, I must back him (or her) to victory.

3 Likes

Good job on your division.

1 Like

Good matches last night. I’m at 38 points.

1 Like

LOL

4 Likes

I saw Doedicurus fossils in the TX Memorial Museum without having every been previously aware of their existence, and was absolutely amazed. They are very Anklysaurus-esque. Megafauna in general are really fascinating. Love knowing that most sloths once were gargantuan earth movers with that were the means of propagation for avocado trees by easily passing their pits whole. The huge caverns that were burrowed by megafaunal sloths as burrows in S. America are mind boggling. And thassalonicus, a marine sloth! Amazing!

MMM is totally my jam.

megatherium-size

4 Likes

This made me think of this most nailbiting of events:

1 Like

Still Going. My Kat’s Away and Urban Jungle brackets are shot, but Doedicarus and Pigmy Hippo keeping it live.

No way the damn anaconda won. It’s all a setup to get the Water Bear to the final.

1 Like

I am a little bitter about the anaconda, but I think it might in it for a while. So happy the porcupine won I don’t care that my bracket’s ruined.

Wish there were more Doedicurus gifs. Anguirus kind of works

I have my suspicions about the Curse of the Primate Finger…

2 Likes

GAH! I’m sickened by Doedicarus untimely and excessively gratuitious end.

C’mon Pigmy Hippo.

Flatten that Coyote

1 Like

Hippo’s got this vs. coyote, unless there’s a major upset. So probably vindication for the porcupine. After that the hippo’s path is a lot harder.

Also, this was glorious:

1 Like

It’s happening tonight

2 Likes

Did you do these? Very nice

Hip! Hip! Hippo!

But elephants wearing crocs? Ridiculous.

What, you think that gators would fit better?

1 Like

I end with 60 Points and a belief that through the Power of Fiona, Pygmy Hippo will TRIUMPH.

(And the water bear will migrate to a pile of Hippo DUng)

1 Like