Molesters Being Outed

7 Likes

(Honestly I’m not a shill for People, they just have the most comprehensive articles with links to all the accusers!)

11 Likes

Uhhh, yes. There is a transgressive drive to so much of this. A ‘rules don’t apply to me’ vibe.

I’m in favor of special license plates at this point marked SP ‘sexual predator’ - not just on the passports like I hear the US is planning to do. These people… they need to stay inside. It’s time we stop sharing civilization with them.

something something allegations aren’t convictions, but there isn’t much in it for someone to make a false public accusation. I’ve known a few whisperers who would say anything to run someone else down. If the person they were speaking with had a history of being molested - the target of the gossip was handsy (even if never the case)… My point is not to minimize any of these claims, because the bravery to come out and say it in public AND go to the police… that’s so relevant.

1 Like

This one’s the hardest for me. Jeremy Piven was from a leading Chicago improv family. I knew his work before he was famous.

The rest of these gentlemen can DIAF.

What the hell, Piven can join them.

7 Likes

I’m totally sure Alabama Trump voters will dump Moore for this :neutral_face:

7 Likes

While we’re at it, can we make up a bingo card especially for the inevitable apologists and ‘devil’s advocates’ of predatory behavior?

17 Likes

The whole chain is more quotes along these lines

13 Likes

Look, the Republican Party is fully in favor of the CSA, which was fully in favor of CSA, as a perk for their leading men, and as a source of their economic growth.

7 Likes

That bugs me about this. People are being tried and convicted by the media, losing jobs and having their careers ruined based on rumors. And we know that there are plenty of people out there who will make up anything just to get a brief bit of spotlight or something interesting in their lives.

But it’s not so simple. Because it is quite hard for victims to speak out about it especially against the wealthy/powerful/famous. And proving it harder still. Especially if they’ve stayed silent about it (or been ignored) for years. Meanwhile a lot of perpetrators never face any accusations or consequences. It’s been suppressed/accepted for too long and too many people have suffered.

So I don’t really know what I think. I’m all for victims finally feeling empowered to speak out and for these things actually being investigated and perpetrators suffering the consequences of their actions. But I’m a little wary of a society where everyone assumes guilt and worse and immediately starts enacting punishment as soon as accusations are spoken. I suppose after people have been victimized and suppressed for so long, that sort of backlash just has to happen and be accepted as due.

11 Likes

and an extra one :heart:

1 Like

We could totally have one of those for child molesters, yes. That would be awesome.

“I know a couple who met when they were …”
“Is it your business who loves who…”
“Some people mature earlier than…”
“Mary Was a Teenager”

2 Likes

That was someone elses claim about Corey Haims experience. Feldman went to the LAPD about his own abuser.

Did you cross the Coreys?

Not really.

With all of these recent cases, the rumours had existed for years. No real consequences for the perpetrators except for a few potential victims being alerted in advance.

The turning point began when people started to pay attention to direct, detailed accusations by named people. Not rumours, not whispers; open denunciations.

19 Likes

I agree. It’s a hard thing to process. The same medium that has given victims a voice also lends itself to mob justice. It’s unsettling.

10 Likes

I think the by-catch may be worth it.

Especially if it leads to the p-g in chief getting his, too.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Another Track – Forked from MBO

Topic fork in progress. Please: stay calm.

Topic forked to avoid mass trainwreck.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Another Track – Forked from MBO

:face_vomiting:

6 Likes