Molesters Being Outed

Look, the Republican Party is fully in favor of the CSA, which was fully in favor of CSA, as a perk for their leading men, and as a source of their economic growth.

7 Likes

That bugs me about this. People are being tried and convicted by the media, losing jobs and having their careers ruined based on rumors. And we know that there are plenty of people out there who will make up anything just to get a brief bit of spotlight or something interesting in their lives.

But itā€™s not so simple. Because it is quite hard for victims to speak out about it especially against the wealthy/powerful/famous. And proving it harder still. Especially if theyā€™ve stayed silent about it (or been ignored) for years. Meanwhile a lot of perpetrators never face any accusations or consequences. Itā€™s been suppressed/accepted for too long and too many people have suffered.

So I donā€™t really know what I think. Iā€™m all for victims finally feeling empowered to speak out and for these things actually being investigated and perpetrators suffering the consequences of their actions. But Iā€™m a little wary of a society where everyone assumes guilt and worse and immediately starts enacting punishment as soon as accusations are spoken. I suppose after people have been victimized and suppressed for so long, that sort of backlash just has to happen and be accepted as due.

11 Likes

and an extra one :heart:

1 Like

We could totally have one of those for child molesters, yes. That would be awesome.

ā€œI know a couple who met when they were ā€¦ā€
ā€œIs it your business who loves whoā€¦ā€
ā€œSome people mature earlier thanā€¦ā€
ā€œMary Was a Teenagerā€

2 Likes

That was someone elses claim about Corey Haims experience. Feldman went to the LAPD about his own abuser.

Did you cross the Coreys?

Not really.

With all of these recent cases, the rumours had existed for years. No real consequences for the perpetrators except for a few potential victims being alerted in advance.

The turning point began when people started to pay attention to direct, detailed accusations by named people. Not rumours, not whispers; open denunciations.

19 Likes

I agree. Itā€™s a hard thing to process. The same medium that has given victims a voice also lends itself to mob justice. Itā€™s unsettling.

10 Likes

I think the by-catch may be worth it.

Especially if it leads to the p-g in chief getting his, too.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Another Track ā€“ Forked from MBO

Topic fork in progress. Please: stay calm.

Topic forked to avoid mass trainwreck.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Another Track ā€“ Forked from MBO

:face_vomiting:

6 Likes

First person > third person. I see you there. Youā€™re asking fair questions to draw a responsible conclusion. Iā€™d like to know more too, heā€™s worked with a lot of women, some of them more famous than he is now. Surely the truth will out.

1 Like

Well, if someone says ā€œHe says Xā€ and he did, I want to see it. Seriously. If it is really ā€œThis person accusing him says he said X to themā€ and heā€™s said nothing to anyone else, it is hard to know what he really said. Whedon could actually say something and, so far, heā€™s pretty much dodged it. That could be guilt or that could be his publicist and lawyer saying ā€œShut the fuck up and keep your head downā€ (or both).

In the current climate, I certainly hope so. I hope people come forward and out everyone.

2 Likes

Me too. Itā€™s long past time.

3 Likes

If only people had cared this much when Trump was on tape bragging about molesting women.

10 Likes

I think the two are related. I think the climate he has created has made a lot of people sick of the shit, and doing what they can about their own truths.

Weā€™re coming for him, too, legally.

7 Likes

More on Seagal:

5 Likes

Thats in the article I linked at the bottom. So so so gross.

@mdh - considering Haim died a few years back, its always going to be someone else making the claim, so no I did not cross Coreys. (I always assumed it was Sheen tbh, the timeline seemed to match the best)

4 Likes