Movies so bad that they're fun

If you like bad movies - meaning intentionally so bad that it’s funny - I can suggest Livelihood. It’s a nice premise - what if zombies didn’t want to eat brains and kill people, but just go back to their normal lives (much to the dismay of their family and coworkers). The movie follows three people who die and come back, along with those around them. The acting is bad, the script is bad, everything about it is bad, and it’s pretty funny.

9 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes
9 Likes

I love this film.

1 Like

I saw it in the theater not long before the longer than 10 minutes on youtube days.
I kinda miss having to hunt down and pay attention for a chance to see cinema oddities like this.

2 Likes

If this tune gets stuck in your head - HAHAHAHA!!!

1 Like

SPARKLE NEELY SPARKLE!!!
7 Likes

I couldn’t find a true trailer for this one, so enjoy this clip:

2 Likes

Tonight I got to choose the movie and my wife was wary. She says that the movies I pick are either really good or really awful with no middle ground. My choice was Australiens.

We disagreed about which of those extremes it was. :rofl: Daughter took my side. We got a lot of laughs out of it. The depictions of “telepathetic powers” are pretty memorable.

6 Likes

Zombie Nightmare. Has the distinction of Adam West playing a rapist police chief and a teen-age villain right out of The Warriors central casting.

In the 90s, Adam West signed a t-shirt I had hand-painted. His response, “That was a real turkey, wasn’t it?”

7 Likes

Finally saw Roadhouse. So, Patrick Swayze was considered some sort of sex god?

3 Likes

According to my Mum, Sam Elliot was the real hottie in that movie.

4 Likes
5 Likes

It took me a long time to get around to that one. How could I have overlooked a recommendation by Crow T. Robot?

4 Likes

indeed.

Does “12/8 time, key of A flat major” have a special meaning? It sounds weird, but I can’t read sheet music.
5 Likes

Every incarnation of every movie made of anything by Jacqueline Susann. If nothing else, there’s costumes and sets and great stars reading…well, it’s dialogue. And not-so-great players doing dialogue with those stars. If they just used the damned books instead of scripts, honestly, I think the movies would’ve been great. At least with “Valley of the Dolls”. I dunno, Hollywood is so bloody weird.

Oopsy, forgot about this; it makes VOTD look like “Citizen Kane”.
Did I mention the TV miniseries version of VOTD? “Beyond the Valley of the Dolls” (which is inspired by, not a sequel to, VOTD)? I unapologetically love her works.
2 Likes

I think we need the entire opening credits disclaimer:

THE FILM YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS NOT A SEQUEL TO “VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.” IT IS WHOLLY ORIGINAL AND BEARS NO RELATIONSHIP TO REAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD. IT DOES, LIKE “VALLEY OF THE DOLLS” DEAL WITH THE OFT-TIMES NIGHTMARE WORLD OF SHOW BUSINESS BUT IN A DIFFERENT TIME AND CONTEXT.

3 Likes

Sheesh, that trailer, American Psycho much? They even gave Christian Bale the same haircut.

1 Like

I know, I made an understatement, lol. Thanks!