Not Feminism 101

And WOC are the hardest hit. Thread.

9 Likes

Another nightmare at the intersections.

ProPublica does good work.

10 Likes

That thread (Jack Feerick) is righteous.

*the other link is fucking maddening.

10 Likes

I’ve long thought gender markers on IDs were stupid and so hadn’t bothered to update mine, but the thought people would use that as an excuse to call me he/him after my death might be just the push I need to get it done. Still wish I could get it changed to “I object that this field exists on official identification.”

12 Likes
2 Likes

The replies are mostly men who are failing to get it.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Through his lawyers, Weinstein claimed that allowing Noble’s lawsuit to proceed means a too-expansive definition of sex trafficking laws, one that would “now cover all sexual activity between adults when one person holds power and influence over the other.”

Regardless of our views of laws on sex work… maybe we should work towards a society where no one person holds such power and influence over another?

9 Likes

What an ass that Kirk person is; I know plenty of Black HS grads with no kids and a full time job… and they’re still working poor.

14 Likes

Have they tried not being black?

4 Likes

That didn’t work out so well for MJ or Tiger… and they were both already rich.

7 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes

For at least 20 years, I’ve always preferred to see a female or non-native (non-US) physician, preferably both categories. They’re the most caring and attentive.

6 Likes

No kidding.

12 Likes
9 Likes

Lazio ultras have a long history of supporting far right politics.

7 Likes

So, WEB DuBois identified the problem of being black in America as double consciousness - having a black identity in a white supremacist country. Black women, however, deal with a triple consciousness - having a black women’s identity in a white supremacist, patriarchal society. I think this short piece illustrates that struggle very well:

16 Likes

WEB DuBois was one of the first writers to talk about white privilege, IIRC.

10 Likes

Indeed, he was. He pretty much laid much of the ground work for our modern understanding of race in America (and globally, too).

10 Likes