Not Feminism 101

Back when more clothing was designed and produced for the country in which it would be worn, you could count on a Canadian winter coat to be roomy enough to accommodate a sweater underneath. Now I need to go one or even two sizes larger in coats just to be sure it’ll fit. I sometimes wear long-sleeved t-shirts under coats and bring a shawl or jacket along to wear when I get to where I’m going.

And argh, MEC! I used to fill in their surveys, and I always asked them why they assumed plus-sized people didn’t hike or camp. Classic retail vicious circle – can’t participate 'cos you can’t get the gear, so the retailers assume you don’t want to.

MEC is one of the few shops where all the other customers stare at me like I’m in the wrong shop. Drives me batty.

8 Likes

About the only thing I have bought there is shoes. Because I have average-sized feet, and I love Salomon when it comes to runners. MEC sometimes has styles I couldn’t find elsewhere.

But clothes? Nah.

5 Likes

They have some decent MEC-branded mitts, too. I lost one of the pair, and I am so annoyed about it, because I went back, and they didn’t have that style anymore.

5 Likes

YUMMY!

5 Likes

Still classy.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Thread:

Avenatti is an ass. Full stop.

10 Likes

He is an ass but he has a point;

The racism and misogyny in this country is so deeply entrenched (even in many people who consider themselves liberal or progressive) that if they want to actually win, the 20/20 Dem candidate should probaly be yet another White dude… but one who’s actually qualified.

It’s obviously not right and it kills me to say that, but I’ve gotten used to the way my enemies think.

14 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

WOW…Just the fact that he could speak that line…NO SHIT, DUDE!

4 Likes
5 Likes

After reading both articles, I just want to call out every man who’s ever been patronizing to me. But some of them are dead (my dad in particular), and the rest…I don’t think I can remember all their names, LOL!

7 Likes
6 Likes

Thread:

11 Likes

Because butthurt men really are deadlier than smoking.

Again, if you’re not the type of man who gets butthurt and dangerous over rejection or anything less than outright fawning, this isn’t about you.

11 Likes

Beierle’s political affiliations were not immediately clear, but he was highly critical of the Obama administration in his 2014 videos.

Gee. I really fucking wonder.

9 Likes

Mostly for the top item, though the rest is entertaining too, in a sweary kind of way.

Not that I think rampant consumerism is a good thing, but it’s yet another example of companies claiming one thing – that they just want your money – and then doing something which harms that objective.

http://createsend.com/t/d-259BC8C77C462AAF2540EF23F30FEDED

5 Likes

My company competes with Apple head to head in the corporate space. Basically what we do is neuter Android so it works more like Apple’s iOS. I’m not sure how much I can talk about online. The TLDR is, I use an iPhone because their business model is not built on stealing my data and selling it to other people, and Google’s is.

7 Likes

Yeah, but Apple hoovers up all your data and decides how much of it they’re going to give back, and in what format.

7 Likes