Not Feminism 101

Oh, look: girls who don’t engage in stereotypical socializing when they’re young, instead acting more like boys, are less stereotypical-girly in middle school. But of course, it’s presented as “bad”.

11 Likes

Who the fuck wrote that headline? Argh.

11 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/04/24/trump-administration-prepares-rule-that-civil-rights-groups-worry-may-deny-care-transgender-patients/

4 Likes

Fuuuuuuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

1. This “dress code” mostly targets women.

2. This is a majority black school from what I understand, so they are saying that Black parents cannot role model for their kids unless policed by authority figures (i.e. the school) and that the school knows better and is a better caretaker than the parents (see also Residential Schools).

3. That poverty is fixable by dressing properly and it’s poor, black people’s fault that they’re poor and black. Not that racism exists.

4. That the dress code is more important to a child’s health and wellbeing than medical care or parental presence – see point 2 above.

5. That the only reason to educate these kids is employability, not the fact that they are kids, real people, and deserve to learn.

This is just so fucked up in so many ways, and these “educators” should be kept well away from children.

19 Likes

The secret is sexism!

12 Likes

What? A company like this, which sells the idea that all women’s affections can be purchased by those who present them with expensive trinkets, has a culture of sexism?! I’m flabberg-

WARNING: SARCASM SYSTEM HAS OVERLOADED. RETRY: Y/N?

17 Likes

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY…

3 Likes

Some news about feminist issues that won’t piss us off, for once;

https://www.hercampus.com/school/seattle-u/not-just-girl-politics-captain-marvel

No idea why its not oneboxing.

7 Likes

Fixed that for you.

11 Likes

I’m old school. I give her father a goat.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I always hated that ad of theirs where the couple is at the cottage and the wife asks her husband to hold her because she’s scared of thunder and lightning. An adult being scared of electrical storms I can believe. An adult acting like that, no.

6 Likes

I’m creeped out by Pandora, myself.

For all I know, they might be ethical (in an absolute sense).

6 Likes

OMG, I used to work with this lady who had every single one of these gimmicky jewelry things - the Pandora charm bracelet, the anniversary circle necklace, the anniversary diamond bands that go around your engagement ring. She may as well have hung big bills around her neck.

Her husband was a DOCTOR, you know? Did ya?

10 Likes
12 Likes

** screams **

13 Likes

I swear the policymakers-that-be sit in a meeting room and say, “what the most ridiculous, outrageous, hurtful thing we can introduce?”

14 Likes

I can just hear the tone of disbelief and disgust in her voice…TFF.

13 Likes

“It’s science… No homo”

5 Likes

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-01402-4

Apparently no one-box.

Male researchers’ ‘vague’ language more likely to win grants

Grant reviewers favour ‘broad’ words used more often by men, but proposals using those terms don’t produce better research.

11 Likes