Not Feminism 101

That’s because male and female scientists use different types of word on grant applications, according to the study, published by the US National Bureau of Economic Research.

Nothing like making a grammatical error in an article about language use :roll_eyes:.

9 Likes

It’s Muphry’s Law.

8 Likes

Note to self: write proposals about the stuff with the thing.

But seriously, when I wrote my first grant proposal, I was 23 years old. I had an older colleague look it over for grammar only, so the reviewers would think I was an older person. The trick worked.

4 Likes

Now that I mention it, why do the people reviewing these things have access to the authors’ names let alone their genders? That’s bad practice. They should review it on technical merit.

In past experience, one reviewer read the proposal on its technical merit, and another one read it to assess the research and development team, and a third one for the business case. Of course, this depends wildly on the type of grant and the organization awarding the grant.

8 Likes

A nice reminder that we have been fighting the war for a long time, and have had allies all along:

14 Likes

And if course, this means if you have a broken arm, you never know if it’s covered or denied because of trans broken arm syndrome…

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/trans-broken-arm-syndrome-healthcare/

8 Likes
9 Likes

Just for fun:

7 Likes

Can’t tell if serious or not.

But anyone who’s been the “affirmative action hire” has experienced this. I know I have.

3 Likes

Clickhole - satire site

That was fuckin’ funny. And sad.

10 Likes

And spot on. I do always love a good reversal, and that had several.

9 Likes
12 Likes

And recommended that ectopic pregnancies be removed and reimplanted, a hundreds of thousands of dollars procedure.

This is fucking depraved.

14 Likes
5 Likes

According to this, that procedure for this context doesn’t even exist yet:

14 Likes

An essay that hits many of the same points you did in more detail:

6 Likes

6 Likes

See also: hipster racism. A.k.a. “white people can wear Fubu too hurr durr”

4 Likes
16 Likes

Funny, provide support and risk mitigation, and people who aren’t sociopaths make better decisions.

11 Likes