Not Feminism 101

A new documentary by NC twin brothers examines ‘9 to 5’ film’s cultural impact BY KORIE DEAN JULY 22, 2022 10:20 AM

https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/article263620098.html

1 Like

This episode has aged extremely well.

Addendum: I’m also sick of reading that this series was created by Norman Lear, when he’s clearly not named as such in the opening credits. He was a producer, and he developed the series, but that’s not quite the same as creating, now is it?

1 Like

I watched the film not too long ago with my daughter. It was really sad how much of it was still true. You’d think by now it’d feel a little stale and dated, but we are still fighting for these same basic rights in the workplace - daycare, recognition, equal pay.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It looks like NO is winning big in Kansas.

https://www.npr.org/sections/2022%20primary%20election%20results/2022/08/02/1108929419/kansas-primary-election-results

7 Likes

I highly recommend if you would like to learn more about this case to go to r/deepdelusion. They do such a good job of debunking a lot of the social media videos going around.
TLDR: Johnny Depp is a cruel wifebeater, racist, and rapist; Amber Heard is a victim

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this motherfucker fucking desperate as fuck or what?

3 Likes

Apparently Ukraine also gives out such honors. (In this case, she had 12 kids-- six of them by adoption)

This book discusses it

1 Like

Some criticized her behavior, questioning her maturity and competency. Others called for Marin to take a drug test, which she took on Friday in response to the criticism. The test results came back negative on Monday, the Finnish government wrote on its website.

4 Likes

Yes, because anyone who isn’t screaming and moaning about the state of the world atm must be on drugs.

What’s the national alcoholic beverage of Finland?

2 Likes

You say Allan Rothstein’s behavior is not unique. How common is it?

I wish I could say that this was an outlier, but it’s not. There’s this idea that maybe what was unusual was that the landlord put it in the lease — well, that’s not unusual either. I had a landlord include in a lease a clause demanding daily lap dances. I have seen dozens — and that is not an exaggeration — dozens of leases in the past year alone with a clause that the landlord has to approve a female tenant’s overnight guests. And these are from form leases, with boilerplate language that is available on the internet. That just shows how far this has gone, that a major publisher of legal documents has it right in their standard lease that you get to approve your tenant’s overnight guest. There’s only one reason for that to be in there in the first place: because they’re so commonly used. [Ring sent Curbed examples of such contract clauses from the National Apartment Association, SignNow, and Rental Lease Agreement.com.]

6 Likes

It’s the last one on the clearance rack (taken earlier this evening), and it had fallen down & not rehung.
IMG_20220904_161821

I’ve been trying to take a shot of this for this thread for months.

2 Likes
1 Like

I could never figure out what was attractive about him in any way.

4 Likes

Anyone else here have to read “Ragtime” in high school, or for any other reason?

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/news/press-releases/2022/09/19/whitmer-announces-expansion-of-access-to-birth-control

3 Likes