Not Feminism 101

So it’s agreed we are ALL going to see A Wrinkle in Time?

My daughter is coming to town so I cannot wait to see it with her. For some reason she never read the books.

11 Likes

Maybe if and when it comes out for the small screen if it won’t injure me.

2 Likes

I read the book when I was 10, and was heartbroken when my mum threw my copy out when I went to university.

My nieces and I will be seeing it. And if they can’t fit it into their March Break schedule, I’m seeing it myself! I feel like I’ve been waiting for this film since I was 10. The made-for-TV versions do not count.

3 Likes

NO, they do not!

4 Likes

I won’t. One - can’t afford it. Yes, I’m that poverty-stricken.
Two - I grew up with my own imaginings, from the book itself which I first read when I was 10 or so; and as with so many books-made-into-movies, I don’t want to be disappointed. (The comic-book movies, with their movement away from what used to be canon, did that after they rebooted the “Spider-Man” franchise for what seemed like the umpteenth time).
Lastly - I don’t like going to the movie theatre any more, even if I could afford to do so. I hate the MJR sheeple who feel they must clap and yell along with the pre-movie plug for the chain, which I can at least avoid by going somewhere else.

4 Likes

And TV series like Buffy and Homeland and Orphan Black and …

Good shows are good shows. (I was actually the one in our household who discovered GLOW).

8 Likes

I am totally am; I was stoked when I heard it was being made into a film and even more so when I heard Ava Duvernay was directing.

I hope like hell it lives up to all the hype.

8 Likes

Like I said above, until more women are in positions off the screen (like writers, directors, cinematographers and producers), we will still be having this conversation. It’s not about who’s cast as the lead, it’s who is at the helm.

And fuck yeah, boys will go see A Wrinkle In Time if it’s good. When have boys ever stood for being left out? If the movie is good girls will talk about it and boys will demand to see it, if only out of FOMO, and that girls can’t have anything just for them that’s good.

Okay, I am definitely feeling cynical, today.

9 Likes

The T-shirt is shitty. This response is awesome.

9 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

What is SUDO?

3 Likes

It’s a command in Linux/UNIX to do something major in a file system (su = super user).

So Boy tells Girl to do something, Girl tells Boy his command is invalid, Boy gives command again invoking super user powers, Girl says he’s not recognised as an authority and reports his attempt.

16 Likes

The trailer? Yup yup. Definitely.

5 Likes

Gotcha. Been a while since I have done UNIX line commands but weirdly enough, in a recent course I took on Android, I had retained a crazy amount of my skillz. I was really proud.

4 Likes

Oblig:

10 Likes

gfPZnQ4-0
gfPZnQ4-1
7zXqHbw-0
7zXqHbw-1
0evm2Oo-0
0evm2Oo-1
oygMHOw

23 Likes

14 Likes