Not Feminism 101

Shout out for All Quiet on the Western Front; IMHO it’s a film that should be remembered better, and he was brilliant in it.

6 Likes

I think the CNN one came after and she released her new name after seeing the interest.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Thanks!

2 Likes
12 Likes

Just in case anyone’s forgotten how depressing it is to be a professional cheerleader:

Rules like “if a cheerleader is at a restaurant and a player arrives, she has to leave” are what really get me. They’re not even trying to make it sound like they’re being fair.

15 Likes
13 Likes

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???

She’s the motherfucking QUEEN of England! The show is literally about HER and the worst Doctor Who made more money than she did?

13 Likes

the actors are not aware of who gets what, and cannot be held personally responsible for the pay of their colleagues.”

This highlights one of the more nefarious parts of our capitalist society: by making wage discussions “gauche” and “verboten”, they limit the ability of workers to figure out when they are getting screwed. Some places may even fire people for discussing salary, to help limit worker organisation.

15 Likes

https://bizwest.com/2018/03/26/fort-collins-hr-firm-publishing-comic-book-combat-workplace-harassment/

3 Likes

Interesting report on Women’s organising in Rojava:

https://twitter.com/icafrinresist/status/978334816692310016

(more in comments)

3 Likes

Ouch! Worse than Colin Baker? That’s some serious shade there!

6th-doctor-conspicuous

But yeah, WTF. She got screwed and she should be pissed off about that. She was the star of the freaking series.

11 Likes

In some capitalist countries it’s okay to discuss salary. Like in Sweden… okay, your point.

9 Likes

and even though we have the Paycheck Fairness Act now, there is no provision in the bill to help us find out what the men are making.

8 Likes

Thread. A man argues that about a quarter of all women should be hanged and that’s just “diversity of opinion” and a reason to hire him. Women point out the problem of such a hire and they’re “difficult” and might get fired.

https://twitter.com/JessicaValenti/status/978704115789451265?s=19

13 Likes
7 Likes

Right. 'Cos to Williamson and the people who hired him, women who get abortions are just an abstraction, an intellectual and moral concept. Not themselves. Not someone they know.

I mean, statistically, it is someone they know, but given the attitude on exhibit I’m sure it’s never been mentioned.

I sincerely hope every single woman who is friends with or related to Williamson, and who has had an abortion, now finds the courage to tell him. And ditto for all his new work colleagues.

8 Likes

People are right to withhold their truths from people who will use those truths to abuse them.

8 Likes

Well, I certainly wouldn’t blame them if they decided to do it en masse…

Might be time for another round of the #shoutyourabortion theme Antonia Zerbiasis and others had rolling for a while.

6 Likes

It would be cool if we destimatized abortion.

5 Likes

Let’s lighten things up a bit. This lady was ahead of her time!

2 Likes