Not Feminism 101

Here’s the article from whence that came:
https://pleasekillme.com/knockers-up-with-rusty-warren/

2 Likes

Supposedly in response to SESTA, Microsoft has banned nudity on Skype. Of course they’ll have to monitor calls.

3 Likes

Is that why it doesn’t like my new skin coloured wallpaper?

5 Likes

Gee, and ain’t it funny how it is those with the least power (women, POCs, lower classes/castes) who get indoctrinated into “mustn’t complain”

6 Likes

Yep. Although, back when Skype was bought by Microsoft out of the blue for way too much, there was plenty of innuendo that the government had “helped facilitate it”

So have I ever trusted it?

4 Likes

Interesting.

3 Likes

And I just watched a video about women’s hygiene products and how they’re actually unnecessary and can cause problems instead of eliminating them. Here:

What kills me is that people keep confusing the VAGINA - which is INSIDE a woman’s body as the birth canal and has NO HAIR on it - with the VULVA - with is comprised of the inner and outer labia (lips) and has HAIR all over the outer labia. Even the female OB/GYN gets it wrong - grrrrrrrrrrr!!! That pisses me right the fuck off.

8 Likes

Piketty debunks this pretty thoroughly in Capital. When it comes to wealth anyway, all generational cohorts have much the same inequality.

3 Likes

Every time the Authority has come to my home (multiple times) attempting to ascertain whether the mom-of-two-kids neighbor had a boyfriend who stayed over regularly…

beyond the “go fuck yourself” glare I gave every time, and the answers which came from a well of, “Why are you pestering me about this, are all blonde-blue-eyed white men supposed to be your rats?”…

That’s when I really broke with the ideology of hating the poor for the crumbs of assistance they get. Fuck yersel’ Rump! Though at the time it was Ron Paul idiots and pasters of NOBAMA bumperstickers.

7 Likes
3 Likes

The title is misleading – not just about pregnancy.

5 Likes

Nothing to see here, folks (literally):

8 Likes

Sent this to a friend’s daughter who graduated with a degree in women’s studies and is starting a post-bac program which leads to medical school, so this couldn’t have been more up her alley…thanks!

5 Likes
10 Likes

I worked in a place where the CEO wore wool three-piece suits year round, so of course all the men under him followed suit ( :wink: ). Summers there were nearly this ridiculous, for realz.

6 Likes

If you google “Office Blanket” you get over 93 MILLION hits.

This is the first one:

Side note: Old City Hall in Toronto is an ancient building, terrible AC, electric heat, but still an active court house. And most court clerks and court staff are women. The judges and lawyers rotate, but the staff remains. And guess who has control of the thermostat in Old City Hall? The staff. MrPants ALWAYS complains of the heat there. I’m sure the women there are the only comfortable women at work in the entire damn city.

9 Likes

Yup. Where I work, wearing a shawl over your office clothes is so entrenched, no-one even mentions it. Gives me a good excuse to knit myself wraps :grinning:.

11 Likes

I once had an office that was 65 F in the summer. Damned straight I had a summer office blanket.

9 Likes

They are turning the heat off on Friday for renovations. Its supposed to snow on Friday.
I asked if I could work from home and got a very reluctant yes. I am already wearing my office slanket! I’d need a duvet on Friday! WTF

7 Likes

Had an office directly off the server room at one point and was on the same AC run as the server room. That was chilly.

I’d drive home from work in the 100+ Texas heat without the AC on just to thaw out.

As a man, I am contractually obligated to not have an office sweater.

9 Likes