Not Feminism 101

Office tweed suit?

11 Likes

Or, if your office culture doesn’t allow something so formal, perhaps a [Local Sports Team] sweater?

5 Likes

I like that suit!I would especialy like stroll the halls of my building with that walking stick at the ready.

8 Likes

But as a man, it’s also unlikely that anyone would bitch at you for adjusting the thermostat.

10 Likes

Formal? The gentleman is kitted out for a weekend ramble in the country. Maybe a Google programmer could get away with it on Casual Friday.

4 Likes

I work in an office, and I’m at just about the uppermost level of formality because I wear a collared shirt; others are in t-shirts.

If I put on a jacket and tie, people would suspect I was going to a wedding after work.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Journalistically, Teen Vogue has been killin’ it ever since late 2016…

12 Likes

And, on the opposite end of the “journalistic quality” spectrum, we have the National Post:

1 Like

I can’t find any news about it, but I read that the California government is considering a law to criminalize any aid for sex workers:

CA friends, PLEASE call about this. This bill has already affected outreach services similar to the ones STROLL provides; if you care about sex workers, if you’ve been wanting to do something to help us and regretting not harassing the heck out of Kamala pre-SESTA, this is your chance. Call your famous friends, call your family, use your fan base, whatever. Please don’t allow this to happen.
CALL BEFORE NEXT TUESDAY 4/10!

Text of the image:
Via a sex worker friend, please read:

CA is passing a bill that changes the definition of pandering making it a felony to provide any help or out reach for sex workers.

That means distributing condoms to street based workers, know your rights pamphlets, any kind of mentoring, basically all harm reduction will be a felony. I know I talk a lot about sex work and y’all are probably are bored but my community is on fire. The government wants sex workers dead, in jail and exploited.

This bill and fosta will literally mean life and death for REAL HUMAN BEINGS who just want to survive. This feels hopeless and is an incredibly dark time.

If you care about poverty, feminism, trans people, poc, sex workers and sexual freedom PLEASE CALL Nancy Skinner (chair of the CA state committee) to let her know you oppose SB 1204

(510) 286-1333 (local office)
(916) 651-4009
BY 4/10 (tues)

If like me you can’t call, maybe you can find another way to help.

2 Likes

The only thing I’ve seen in the news lately about California and sex workers is this:

4 Likes

M’Lady…

6 Likes

And on the federal level, the censorship law is already hurting people:

4 Likes

I think that “criminalize any aid for sex workers” is a cynical reading of the law, but perhaps not an unwarranted one…

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB1204

Existing law makes pandering a felony, defined as procuring a person for purposes of prostitution, causing or encouraging another person to become a prostitute by promises, threats, or violence, procuring for another person a place as an inmate in a house of prostitution, procuring another person for the purpose of prostitution by fraud or duress, or receiving or giving money for procuring another person for the purpose of prostitution.

This bill would instead define pandering as arranging, causing, encouraging, inducing, persuading, or procuring another person to be a prostitute, with the intent that the other person engage in an act of prostitution. By changing the definition of a crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

4 Likes

They have those at the local anime convention we go to… they are a clear parody of the pillows they sell of sexed up anime characters (women, I mean, though I have seen some sexy men anime characters). I think I picked up a version on a bookmark one year.

5 Likes

No kidding! Their political journalism and cultural coverage has been steadily excellent, and usually very well written. Here’s the headline story today:

7 Likes

Up until 2015, I used to work for the company that publishes Teen Vogue; but I never actually read any of the mags that they put out… so I had no clue until after the fuckery that was the election of 2016 just how good their writers are.

10 Likes
8 Likes

And now for something completely different… which mostly just makes me want to watch The Lion in Winter again.

7 Likes

Different study, similar results.

10 Likes