O, Canada - all your canuck news worth sharing!

The answer should be clear.

4 Likes

Volcanoes, but not beer volcanoes are somehow involved.

1 Like

We need to do better than this. The fact that it took this long just to do this is a fucking disgrace.

2 Likes

Not exactly news…but it’s kind of, well refreshingly creepy? Creepily refreshing? As compared to what the world’s like today, that is.

The narration is what makes me cringe the most. Just…ewwugheeww.

ZOMG, it is soooo …the Blackfoot dances: “Well, it may not be Fred Astaire, but it deserves a solid hand…” I want to die. Even for Warner Brothers, this is cringey-laughy-mouth-dropping stuff.

2 Likes

On a happier note, happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving, dear readers!

9 Likes

I will admit to being stuffed.

4 Likes

We deep fried a turkey!
Working today sucks.

5 Likes

I took a vacation day today :grinning:

But I get the feeling I’ll regret it tomorrow :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Today I learned my Prime Minister recorded a station identification segment for a well-known Seattle independent radio station.

5 Likes

It appears to be something he does. He recorded one for CHUO (University of Ottawa radio) a couple of weeks ago.

3 Likes

Shut up, Stevie. You lost. This isn’t your call anymore.

4 Likes

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland scoffed at Harper’s missive.

“We will continue to defend Canadian interests,” Freeland tweeted on Friday night. “Capitulation is not a negotiating strategy.

I remember well when Jean Chretien declined to join the Coalition of the Willing and invade Iraq. Harper slithered out from under his rock to publicly apologize to G. W. Bush on behalf of all of us.

2 Likes

Canadian ticket scalper’s multimillion-dollar StubHub scheme targets big acts like Adele, Drake, Metallica

1 Like

The Canadian Legion is claiming both the photo of the poppy flower in the top part of the image and the poppy doughnuts in the bottom are trademark infringements.

While I agree the doughnuts are inappropriate and that protecting the poppy symbol is important, I don’t see claiming every image of a poppy as legitimate.

5 Likes

Seriously? Can we just have the usual news of someone stealing the poppy box from Timmies?
Instead we have to have a news about a poppy donut? So dumb.

4 Likes

Between the doughnuts and the absurdly overextended trademark enforcement, I agree it’s dumb all around.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, Harry Leslie Smith, an actual WWII veteran (currently on a book fucking tour at 94!) won’t wear a poppy and hasn’t since 2014.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Less amusingly:

Loss of local media can be disastrous.

6 Likes

This is just huge. The loss of small press local media is horrifying.
I mean people already hate Toronto… getting all your news out of only one outlet based in Tdot?
Jesus its nuts. We’re so insular here its terrible.

4 Likes