O, Canada - all your canuck news worth sharing!

And you know that when we say KD we actually mean PC White Cheddar Mac & Cheese. :wink:

4 Likes

Oh phew, that’s not just me.

KD doesn’t taste like KD anymore. But PC White Cheddar does.

2 Likes

Paging AlCan. Your products are required at the blue line.

6 Likes

Good to know that not all the wack-a-doodles are in the US!

4 Likes

(Checks) Yup, prairie province politician.

I know some very cool, smart people from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. But I guess not enough cool, smart people are around to outrun the crazy at the polls.

Damn first past the post.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Really? I apparently have to try this - I went the other way with KD and switched to the “deluxe” KD with the premixed cheese…

2 Likes

Hahahahaha

6 Likes

Play Stupid Games. Win Stupid Prizes.

7 Likes

The lead up to the ON Provincial election is heating up!!

vs

vs

https://www.notdoug.com/

So! Who will win! Loudmouth women with ambitious plans to benefit us all! Or racist sexist rich asshat with a penis? … oh god, its going to be him isn’t it? /sob

10 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Of course he’s okay. It’s the DVP. How fast could either car possibly have been going when they crashed?

5 Likes

5 kph. If it had been the Gardiner, he might have been in more danger: they reach a whole 10 kph there.

6 Likes

More from the Guardian on Cambridge Analytica’s Canadian connections:

So there goes the last of our rep for being ethical down the tubes. Around the time of Trump’s election, one of the people at work was speaking in awed tones about Aggregate IQ, how advanced they were technologically, how cool it was they were a Canadian company.

And now… they’re just mortifying. I’ve noticed other Canadian big data and AI companies already doing damage control.

5 Likes

And then this happened:

“purity of the country” – shudder.

7 Likes

Awww I feel so snubbed! I didn’t get that survey! LOL

5 Likes

Only in Canada.

7 Likes

I received that survey.

The questions were “how much do you agree with these statements” type, and had statements like “I support marriage regardless of gender” and the like too. That being said, I was surprised by some of the statements, but I never got the impression, personally, that Aeroplan was specifically advocating any of those positions. I suppose I’m less cynical than some I guess. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It sounds like Aeroplan doesn’t, but the guy running CROP (the corporate research company) talks an awful lot like he does. It comes across like he tries to put these kinds of questions in all the surveys he creates.

His “like it or not, a lot of Canadians have very conservative attitudes” has a real almost alt-right / Libertarian (yes, capital L) ring to it, and one of those tricks is to plant those kinds of ideas in unexpected places. Multiple studies have shown that people generally try to get along, and when handed declarative statements like that, often subconsciously find themselves nodding, even before their conscious mind figures it out.

The other thing that concerns me is that Aeroplan deleted their data, but did CROP keep a copy to sell to the new Cambridge Analytica that is already up and running -

6 Likes