Our ex-so-called president

4 Likes

Oh I hope this goes to court. I love how The Sun always calls Johnny Depp “wifebeater Johnny Depp” ever since he lost his trial against them. So now, CNN can always call him “liar Donald Trump.” That would be epic.

5 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/07/27/live-golf-trump-national-bedminster/

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

“He says a lot of things he doesn’t mean. His mental health is an issue,” she said, visibly emotional. She added: "My father’s name wasn’t on the flags everyone was carrying that day. “It was another man’s name,”

4 Likes

I thought this quote was good:

Reffitt said that some inflammatory statements he made from jail were intended to raise money for his family.

“They’d be on the street if I didn’t say something that would garner money for them,” he added. “It was all hyperbole. It was never really meant to be serious.”

Gee, you were saying lots of inflammatory stuff to get strangers to give you money, and now you want to say you didn’t mean any of it? Maybe you should be telling those strangers that, before you tell it to a judge.

7 Likes

I bet he was too ashamed to start a GoFundMe, if he even knew it exists.

This is the quote that got me.

2 Likes

Not anywhere near enough time for someone who threatened to kill his own son because “traitors get shot”, and threatened to “drag US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi out of the Capitol building by her ankles, ‘with her head hitting every step on the way down’”, and tried to overthrow the government.

Prosecutors had sought a 15-year prison term,
[…]
But defence lawyers had argued the attack would have happened with or without him

That’s a really lame excuse which unfortunately they can use for every single participant. It’s absurd because they can say for each and every one, “Well other people were there doing it too!” and get them all off easy. Just because other people are doing something doesn’t make it more right, or more legal.

“This isn’t just about Guy Wesley Reffitt. This isn’t about just January 6th. This is about our liberties being stomped on,” (his wife) argued.

She sounds like a nutbag too. Which liberties, exactly? The liberties to murder people and overthrow the government? Ya ain’t never had those liberties in the first place, dumbass.

6 Likes

As the meeting wore on, those familiar with what transpired say, Trump began to lose patience. At one point it was suggested that he could endorse “Eric,” and that by doing so he would be supporting both Schmitt and Greitens.

It was a madcap exit ramp. But Trump went in on the details, asking if the two candidates’ first names were spelled identically — noting that it wouldn’t work if they weren’t. While Trump was intrigued, he also remarked that it might be too cute.

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I’m impressed. I had no idea he was that creative.

2 Likes

I wonder if any of them will legally have the spelling of their first name changed?

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Awww, da pour leedle 'turney, boo-hoo-hoo!

3 Likes
5 Likes

The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”

“Which generals?” Kelly asked.

“The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.

“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.

But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this was the model he wanted for his military.

8 Likes