Our ex-so-called president

So, everyone should know that invoking the 5th is not, by itself, evidence of being guilty of something. Even Trump should know it, despite his long, long history of loudly proclaiming things like ‘The mob takes the fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’

But, if you have to issue a rambling statement about witch hunts, fake news, and the entire world somehow being against you personally, just to justify your decision to invoke the 5th… you might just be guilty of something.

6 Likes

I always think of mobsters on the stand taking the Fifth.

1 Like
1 Like

But, don’t you dare call them ‘deplorables’…!

4 Likes

Victor McLaglan, who played the title role of “The Informer” (1935), directed by John Ford. I highly recommend it, if you’ve not viewed it in the past.

3 Likes

Levin Report: Donald Trump Spent the Day Making Himself Look Incredibly Guilty of Multiple Crimes

https://link.vanityfair.com/view/617af241112b25773a0cc41bh2vhs.1fj4/ac87e3c5

6 Likes

Trump and his allies are baselessly floating the idea that federal agents could be guilty of “planting” incriminating evidence at his private resort. And the ex-president and several of his longtime advisers are trying to figure out if they have, in their terminology, a “mole” or a “rat” in Trump’s inner sanctum who is slipping his secrets to the feds.

Odd… if it’s all untrue, all “planted evidence”… then how would having someone leaking secrets help the feds? :confused:

7 Likes

At this point, they’re following the Charles Manson school of thought:

No sense makes sense.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Mr Trump has until Friday to object to the unsealing - or could release details of the warrant himself.

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Holy shit. I wonder if he promised to give them to one of his best pals, Vlad or Kim.

5 Likes

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article264401311.html

2 Likes

ONLY in exchange for a favor, I’d wager.

5 Likes

Good thing Trump can’t figure out the fax machine.

3 Likes

Apparently Roy Cohn railroaded the Rosenbergs…

5 Likes

Note that it’s via Breitbart, so take it with a truckload of salt…

[Edit] The actual files, from a more trustworthy source…

4 Likes

Wow. Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret. My dad (ex-CIA) would be appalled. Apparently there are other, compartmentalized classifications of Secret that are themselves Top Secret. I wonder how many of those there are.

What ex-president in their right mind would – oh never mind

9 Likes