Our Felonious Ex-President

TC wouldn’t be where he was today if it weren’t for Trump - both actually and metaphorically.
Tucker Carlson Comes Full Circle With Show on Russia State TV | Vanity Fair

(did i use the word "metaphorically correctly?)

4 Likes

Re the whole Trumpy waffling about contraception: What I want to know is this: Why aren’t the anti-abortion folks protesting against men getting vasectomies? We’ve been hearing a great deal about women’s choices and rights in the US, but what about those of American men?

5 Likes
2 Likes

I’m sure you’ve heard Wilhoit’s law, even if you don’t know it by that name, I didn’t either until today.

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

How dare you (not really, :wink: ) put straight white men into a category that could be anything but protected! That’s just unamerican! Plus it might bring out the termites who trumpet the “not all men” refrain, ad nauseam.

It’s the patriarchy all over, to which I say:

8 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes
1 Like

Men can use condoms or get surgery, and that’s it, there’s no middle ground. Women can do both of those things but also have pills and IUDs and abortions as options.

I do not think that justifies the one-sidedness of it at all. But it does shade it. In a way, it makes it even clearer just how one-sided it is. Because men would have more options by now if it wasn’t all about oppressing women.

5 Likes

Some of these are supposed to be reversible:

4 Likes

Yeah. There’s a lot of potential, but not common practice.

The main forms of male contraception available today are condoms, vasectomy, and withdrawal, which together represented 20% of global contraceptive use in 2019. New forms of male contraception are in clinical and preclinical stages of research and development, but as of 2024, none have reached regulatory approval for widespread use.
Male contraceptive - Wikipedia

I think it’s telling that when my wife bought some ‘plan-B day after pills’ to have them available in case our daughter needed them, she made sure to let me know that we had some extras in case I knew anyone who needed them because I have some close female friends. There’s just no male equivalent to that.

So I do think it’s totally wrong for these idiots to rail against female contraception. But I don’t think we’re yet to the point where we can flip it back and say it’s equally on the males, because they just don’t have the same level of options, yet.

They do have options of course, but it’s not quite the same.

2 Likes
  1. There’s always that good ol’ abstinence that right wingers go on about but don’t practice what they preach; and,
  2. And various operations. But for how long? And it appears that the women who need to go on one can’t afford an abortion vacation.

Let me see if I get this: Why should men think about themselves taking the responsibility for pregnancy prevention when it’s just so much easier to get women to do it, if they’re even allowed to?

3 Likes

Male Contraception - Endotext - NCBI Bookshelf.

2 Likes

Indeed a lot of this is still in the research stage. I just mentioned it because I’m interested in valves put in the human body. The smaller they are the harder it is to get them to work, due to blockage.

3 Likes

Incase you missed it, Trump says Biden is trying to kill him.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s pretty much exactly it.

Which is just one of many reasons why the recent laws making it harder for women are so wrong in so many ways.

4 Likes

My first thought after reading your reply was, “Daaang, they’re some lazy-ass motherfuckers!”

Just more confirmation to me that human beings are an evolutionary mistake. It seems to me that, on the balance, we fuck up more than we fix.

2 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

Okay, please first watch the video, or at least check out my comment under l.a.gothro3999:

Or you can just read this: I compared the attention paid to the jury and the jury itself to the Manson trial jury.

Then, I found this because I was curious as to how Charlie felt about Trump.

4 Likes

Convicted on all counts.

9 Likes

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

5 Likes