Our Felonious Ex-President

The media exec was accused of running a “sprawling, transnational scheme” and managing a “Make Money Online” team to use “cryptocurrency to knowingly purchase tens of millions of dollars in crime proceeds, including proceeds of fraudulently obtained unemployment insurance benefits, that had been loaded onto tens of thousands of prepaid debit cards.”

Epoch Times, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper, has published a number of articles containing vaccine misinformation. The Epoch Times spent millions of dollars in advertising to boost former President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign and following his loss to President Joe Biden, the outlet amplified Trump’s lies that the election had been stolen.

The company was banned by Facebook in 2019 after NBC News published a report that The Epoch Times obscured its connection to ads promoting Trump and conspiracy theories about his political enemies on the platform.

5 Likes

Not a very long montage, but I was not shocked…

5 Likes

The charges were filed against attorneys Kenneth Chesebro, 62, and Jim Troupis, 70, and former Trump aide Mike Roman, 51, who allegedly delivered Wisconsin’s fake elector paperwork to a Pennsylvania congressman’s staffer in order to get them to then-Vice President Mike Pence on Jan. 6, 2021.

All three are due in Dane County Circuit Court on Sept. 19, according to court records. They each face one felony count punishable by up to six years in prison and fines of up to $10,000.

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Love Ronny!

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s more amazing: The subject of the video, or the fact that Ted Koppel is still working at age 84.

Addendum: I don’t find this paragraph from his Wikipedia entry amazing; in fact, I’m bloody aghast!

He was a longtime friend of Henry Kissinger. Both of them moved to the United States as children. Along with former Secretary of State Alexander Haig, Kissinger was the most frequent guest on Nightline .[16] In an interview in 1989, Koppel commented, “Henry Kissinger is, plain and simply, the best secretary of state we have had in 20, maybe 30 years – certainly one of the two or three great secretaries of state of our century,” and added, “I’m proud to be a friend of Henry Kissinger. He is an extraordinary man. This country has lost a lot by not having him in a position of influence and authority”.[43]

2 Likes

7 Likes

In a follow-up post, a Facebook user also named Michael Anderson whose profile picture appears to be the same used in the original post, suggested the post was made ironically, calling himself a “professional s**tposter,” multiple outlets reported. That user also belongs to a Facebook group of Trump supporters, The Washington Post reported.

Of course Fox and the whole right-wing political sphere is claiming this is reason for a mistrial.

4 Likes

McKay Coppins, staff writer at The Atlantic and the author of Romney: A Reckoning (Simon & Schuster, 2023), reports that European officials are convinced Trump is going to win the election in November, and are increasingly alarmed at the prospect.

1 Like

… he’s ahead in the polls

Screenshot_2024-06-09-15-01-43-20

It’s certainly not unlikely that he will win

People in other countries are not bound by the American liberal convention that we shouldn’t talk about it because it’s bad for morale :disappointed:

6 Likes

Addendum: Were I to convert to Christianity, I’d have to live in his parish in Nova Scotia. I respect him so much more than I do most people of the cloth.

3 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

CcaxqqzW8AE9m_q

4 Likes

Of course the MAGGOT crowd would agree.

7 Likes

The Court of Appeals found that the order does not raise “substantial” constitutional issues that would warrant an immediate intervention.

The decision is the latest legal setback for the Republican former president, who has repeatedly railed against a gag order that prevents him from commenting on witnesses, jurors and others who were involved in the case.

Frankly, it ought to stay in action at least until he’s exhausted the possibility of appeals. But probably will be lifted before that.

6 Likes

Of course Trump’s “spiritual advisor” would be involved in something like this.

6 Likes

It’s the only people who will work for him.

6 Likes

Is that a bottle of urine on the table? I see those every day. The taxi driver’s calling card.

3 Likes