Our Felonious Ex-President

6 Likes

WHOA: We found video footage of Donald Trump being super racist

That’s worthy of a “WHOA” in the headline (in the article, not the OneBox)?

At most shocked, I’d rank that as an “A-ha!” but really, I’d have to say this almost falls more into “Thank you, Captain Obvious” territory.

11 Likes

After Il Douche pronounced that the press is the “enemy of the people,” the Boston Globe asked papers around the country to write editorials defending the free press. Here’s the Globe’s editorial:

This piece also includes polls taken. It’s shocking how many republicans think the press is the enemy, and that the president should have the power to shut any of them down.

The NYT’s editorial includes links to other papers’ essays.

Boy does this country have problems.

10 Likes

Meanwhile, they’re screaming blue murder about Alex Jones getting booted off social media.

11 Likes
8 Likes

I’m sure Trumplethinskin’s list is a lot longer. Written in crayon.

9 Likes
10 Likes

spotted this article recently

Alas, not terribly remarkable for the trump era, except for the author bio.

Tim Weiner, a former reporter with The Times, is author of Enemies: A History of the F.B.I., and Legacy of Ashes: The History of the C.I.A.

4 Likes

Here’s the letter from Adm. William McRaven. It’s a powerful statement.

Interesting that, in the comments, other military professionals have signed additional letters, supporting McRaven and daring Trump to revoke their security clearances.

It would be nice if this were the Orange Dumpster’s “Sir, have you no decency?” moment. But I’m not holding my breath.

9 Likes

speaking of which:

8 Likes

It makes sense that the statement was an early soundbite, on a background of events before and after. I guess future historians may see a moment when the tide obviously turned (or be forced to rewrite history to remove all criticism of Emperor for Life Trump).

3 Likes

Plausible:

Also:

13 Likes

This is the kind of thing that keeps me more or less okay with Paul Krugman.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’d say he already has.

6 Likes

Buuuut, if she hadn’t been fired she would still be supporting all he does.

7 Likes

She got fired, but she walked out with all those recordings???

4 Likes

Emily has since moved from Charlottesville to Germany, BTW. Still putting in the work as antifa, though.

11 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes