Our Felonious Ex-President

“Here I am standing infront of the Space Force’s new bomber. Very powerful. We’ll call it the Silbervogel!

5 Likes
7 Likes

https://www.space.com/29159-buran-soviet-shuttle.html

NASA’s focus was on reducing space costs, while the Soviet Union viewed the space shuttle as a potential military threat, wrote Anatoly Zak on his website, RussianSpaceWeb.com.

“In the USSR, the Space Shuttle was viewed first of all as a carrier of nuclear weapons,” Zak wrote in an article about the Buran. “In 1976, despite apparent skepticism in the space industry, the Soviet government decided to respond to the ‘Shuttle threat’ with a similar spacecraft.”

3 Likes

Weirdly, I kind of want it to be Pence. With other stuff bringing Trump down.

10 Likes

I’d love for Pence to be proven complicit in some capacity.

14 Likes

Trump and Pence both need to be impeached.

5 Likes

Why stop there?

7 Likes

Yeah, Ryan needs to get gone.

If Trump is a drunk behind the wheel of this country, Ryan is the sober idiot that gave him the keys.

I’d ideally want to scrub the entire Republican party clean, but that will take a little time.

11 Likes

Okay, I’m stealing that for elsewhere :smiley:

9 Likes

I wish I could say I originated that.

I’ve heard it so often I can’t even remember where or how I heard it first.

5 Likes

Yes!! The thought of Pence taking over is even worse than having Drumpf in charge. Pence would go on a rampage in the name of Jesus.

8 Likes

fire…all the fire…

3 Likes

He’d probably try to; Congress doesn’t fear him the way they fear 45.

5 Likes

What’s worse is that he thinks he’s going to walk away from the smoking wreck of US democracy, then turn around and run for president in 2020 and save us all. I think that’s why he isn’t running for reelection. He obviously doesn’t enjoy turnip’s style, but he does love the fascism. He plans to take full advantage of the police state and exhausted populace, with (what he thinks are) clean hands.

Fuck that guy. Fuck 'em all.

9 Likes

Pence idea of subterfuge is that stunt at the football game. The guy has the political aptitude of a clueless asshole who only got voted in through blind zealotry and has been propped up by a reality TV Star.

11 Likes

Congress doesn’t fear Drumpf, if they did, they would have impeached by now. He’s letting the TGOP destroy the country so they don’t care what he does in the WH.

4 Likes

They fear losing his base, which is now a big percentage of their numbers as more of their target demographic dies off.

And frankly I don’t think they really care, as long as they got their tax cuts for the wealthy.

13 Likes

Ding Ding. As long as their Master’s are happy, the TGOP in Congress will let 45 burn the country to the ground and sell it to the Russians.

6 Likes

And the Saudis. And the Israelis. And the Turks. And anyone else who pays them.

And most of the Dems will do the same thing, just for slightly (very slightly) different masters.

The fatal weakness facilitating the trashing of the remnants of American democracy isn’t social media or foreign hackers. It’s the Supreme Court.

Citizens United, the gutting of the VRA, etc. etc.

The defacto legalisation of bribery allowed money to flow freely through US politics, and not just domestic money. And the corruption of the electoral system has rendered that money immune to conventional democratic control.

12 Likes
8 Likes