Our Felonious Ex-President

With any luck, Pelosi starts getting pushed towards the door. Blue dogs (aka collaborators) are as much of a problem as Trumpists.

6 Likes

BTW: that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t do it. Get the House to vote up an impeachment bill every day they’re in session, even if the Senate swats them all down. It has symbolic value.

8 Likes

I think Pence is a different kind of terrible… but he is absolutely dangerous. Considering the crowd he runs with, I doubt his policies would be much less evil than Trump’s have been. As someone experienced in the workings of politics and the party machine, he’s likely to craft bills and orders that are harder to block. And his history as governor of Indiana proves he’ll work to dismantle women’s rights, workers’ rights, and LGBT rights. He cannot and will not separate his religious views from his politics.

So as much as I hate Trump, there’s a lot to hate and fear in the prospect of a Pence presidency.

10 Likes

And let’s not forget: he was only a one-term governor, because even Indiana didn’t think he was worth re-electing.

9 Likes

As much as I hate Pence, he definitely would not drive a cult of personality like Trump.

10 Likes

Maybe the evangelicals?

2 Likes
9 Likes

Right. Because he has the personality of a pothole.

5 Likes

That’s one pothole that can’t be fixed.

And it’s a nice euphemism for another kind of hole.

10 Likes

Himself has apparently fired racist leprechaun Sessions. I would say “good!” but I’m concerned that whoever comes next may be worse.

15 Likes

Any bets that this is the start of a Saturday Night Massacre that ends with Mueller?

10 Likes

Rosenstein is on the way to the White House now, so …

6 Likes

It looks like they took Rosenstein off the Mueller probe and gave it to Sessions’ acting replacement, Matthew Whitaker.

Whitaker wrote the following article:

Nope, I don’t think the Russia investigation has been compromised in the slightest.

13 Likes

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

6 Likes

WTAF??? A national reporter who’s never heard of grifting or embezzlement?

5 Likes

Not just a reporter, a former federal prosecutor who hasn’t heard of grift or embezzlement.

11 Likes

We’re going to the South, through the—what they call it since Obama—the rustbelt, meeting supporters, driving into them, driving over them. Driving over thousands of people. Men, women, children, everyday Americans, they’ll love it. They love buses. We get huge crowds of folks at my rallies, you know? These people, they’ll chant my name while I drive over them in our bus. Big bus, just beautiful. I’ll drive the bus myself—I can drive. The bus can go, like, 90 miles per hour, so we’ll—you know, I’m gonna do that. Run them over. Crush them, drum up so many votes.”

12 Likes

Well, Bill Schuette was running for AG of MI, but he lost, so…

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes