Our Felonious Ex-President

Fixed that for the stupid asshole.

2 Likes

My bank gave a free e-copy of the sequel to all its account holders a few years ago.

I read it until where he talked about saving for retirement and getting 8% interest from when you’re 25 until when you’re 65.

This Gen Xer found that a bit much – especially since he didn’t take into account any of the catastrophes that can come one’s way during a lifetime.

9 Likes

I was on track for that. I started when I was 23 saving in my 401k. Then I married my ex, who was a freakin’ Masters in Economics. Very good with numbers and money stuff. But, really terrible with a wallet. He was out of work twice for 9 months stretches. We ate our entire 401k savings. I ended up with very little in retirement, had not been working fulltime while my daughter was young, returned to the workforce completely Mommy Tracked. It took me 8 years to return to the pay I was at before I left the workforce (which was during the dotcom boom). At some point I got to see what my ex had in his retirement and he had, I think, negotiated with a company to put money into his 401k instead of giving him salary so my child support was low - he was back up to 100k a year after we divorced. I’m doing what I can to get it full funded but I’m pretty pissed that I did what I was supposed to and ended up screwed - also pissed that when I need MY money I had to take that huge tax hit; there should have been a way to pull off it in an emergency situation without that.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Does class society count as a mitigating circumstance? how about being born poor, or disabled, or needing to take care of other people, or not being willing to sacrifice other people to your ambition?

7 Likes

Heh, “poorly worded”. Riiiiiiiight.

11 Likes

“Poorly chosen ethics” would be a little better.

10 Likes

Stupidity is always offensive.

8 Likes

It’s like they don’t know that screenshots are a thing.

8 Likes

Another voice on the subject:

15 Likes

I’ve been told more than once since my own split that while of course there are exceptions, most men recover from a divorce financially in less than ten years. Most women take longer than that.

(Those are Canadian stats, so keep in mind it may not be the same for where you are. We don’t have alimony, for example.)

11 Likes

Yeah, he said that.

colbert%20quadruple%20facepalm

8 Likes

Speaking of decorum, now we have bad sex jokes directed at the widow of an honor recipient.

5 Likes

Yep, the President comes up with insulting little names for everyone he doesn’t like, just like any elementary-school snot-nosed kid. Meanwhile…

5 Likes

I would say something along the lines of, “okay, the reporters are required to be more adult than the man they’re covering?” But being more mature than Trump is such a low bar to clear. Five year olds do it regularly. So maybe it’s not too much to ask.

stitch%20bangs%20head%20wall

6 Likes
10 Likes

Genuinely wondering what Trump thinks happens to leaves once they’re raked. Like, does he think the Finns bag them and dump them in the ocean, or…?

7 Likes

They go into fetching autumnal wreaths and table arrangements, of course.

7 Likes

Narrator: there are always mitigating circumstances.

10 Likes

4 Likes