Our Felonious Ex-President

Coup-coup is more like it.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Hmm, Ollie North is available.

6 Likes

Boy do these young women look ticked off!

The only women who speak are the two white coaches, but that’s partly due to the fact that even when he tries to engage one of the players in conversation, she’s having none of it.

Feeding fast food to top athletes: we are far from the previous administration and its support of healthy eating.

7 Likes
4 Likes

It’s sad that I have gotten used to how f’ed up this administration is. Ho hum, another day of crazy.

7 Likes

Don’t they call it “outrage fatigue?”

7 Likes

That’s true, they do call it that, and I’ve been wondering for a while if it’s accurate. Not so much the fatigue part as the outrage part. If someone in a powerful position says something batshit and awful, you’re not supposed to be sanguine about it.

7 Likes
1 Like

The United States has accused China on Friday of imprisoning more than a million Muslims in “concentration camps” in some of Washington’s strongest condemnation of Beijing’s treatment of minorities.

Huh? I thought they were OK with detention centers.

10 Likes

I remember when we had at least a small moral soapbox we could stand on.

6 Likes

Did we? I was born before the Civil Rights Act, but by then, we were embroiled in Vietnam. After that came Nixon, and the “Southern Strategy” and “Gummint is the problem.” Reagan, Gingrich, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, and now the Orange Asshole and his enabler McTurtle. I had hopes for Clinton and Obama; they were better than republicans, but both were conservative with pretty immoral policies (IMO). Endless wars, deregulation, decimation of the working class, the self-inflicted aftermath of 9/11.

Augh. Maybe I’m being a pessimist, but I haven’t been proud of the US for quite a long while.

8 Likes

I said a “small soap box.” One that required a lot of balancing.

I know the feeling.

6 Likes

You said sandbox.

This moral sandbox smells like cat pee. Time to change it.

5 Likes

I know. I was just feeling depressed about the whole thing, so had a rotten response to it.

That’s a good way to put it.

Also a good metaphor, though maybe a bit insulting to cats. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

3 Likes

Not a lawyer. State Department sounds like his jam though.

1 Like

Oops. Fixed.

3 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/05/06/claiming-two-years-his-presidency-were-stolen-trump-suggests-hes-owed-overtime/

5 Likes

So the Orange Menace is going for a war to help his reelection bid (not that he would step down if voted out).

7 Likes