Our Felonious Ex-President

7 Likes

So this came out today.

6 Likes

I was just coming to post this. Wow. I mean I knew he was lying about his money, but to be so brazen about it. He is just … why is he president again?

10 Likes

I’m sure his supporters would say, “well I had some tough years too. Just shows he’s a regler, perseverin’ guy like me.”

9 Likes

Because a bunch of assholes were able to manipulate situations to achieve that result so that they could benefit from the ensuing chaos?

9 Likes

I know several otherwise intelligent people who assured me the US needed Trump because he was a brilliant businessman and the US needed someone who would get tough on immigration.

The people telling me this were all immigrants who had also immigrant relatives living in the US.

12 Likes

Okay, you win - my circuits are fused. That does NOT compute. But it seems little does, these days.

10 Likes

Oh it totally doesn’t compute.

And you know what’s even funnier? It took hardly any time at all for them to come around to what a terrible leader he is. They don’t actually say “you’re right”, but now they joke about him.

They conveniently forget they either did vote for him or encouraged someone who could to do so.

11 Likes

In my case, it was successful business people saying that. It actually made me reassess some of my work, because I realized I couldn’t trust their ‘professional’ judgment.

14 Likes

People I know who have worked for or with the Trump organization say they can’t be trusted

7 Likes

Everyone I know who did it said it was because he was a good business man but really it was because they were racist. But their best friend was black, you know?

13 Likes

You make it sound like they entered into a murder suicide pact, instead of voting for a candidate.

You wouldn’t be wrong, really.

10 Likes

End game capitalism. “Successful business people” are those with the sharpest elbows and the ethics of a condottiere. Of course they’d see a grifter like Trump as a role model.

13 Likes
6 Likes

At this point, I think we’re probably going to have a civil war within 2 years. Trump will not allow oversight, may attempt to rig the 2020 elections, has already floated the idea of postponing the 2020 elections, and even if he does step down after a defeat, more of his supporters would attack.

Of course none of the problems began with Trump. But they are coming to a head with him.

5 Likes

So does that include the redacted version? Does everyone have to give up their copies?

I wish someone would hurry up and be a patriot and leak the whole damn thing, unredacted (and Rump’s tax returns). We are talking the fate of democracy in the US.

9 Likes

Civil war might be overstating it (but, then again, it might not…).

I definitely foresee a wave of violence if Trump loses, though.

6 Likes

And an escalation of the ongoing state and “lone wolf” violence if he wins.

3 Likes

Bagley is awesome!

3 Likes

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-the-billiondollar-loser-his-ghostwriter-recalls-the-king-midas-years-090000640.html

1 Like