Our Felonious Ex-President

During a press conference in Tokyo on Monday, Mr Trump said he agreed with North Korea when it called Mr Biden a “low IQ individual”.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Incoming:

7 Likes

FFS…

7 Likes

I’m sure Trump knows a lot about freedom gas.

6 Likes

The geopolitical argument makes some sense. Russia exports a lot of gas into Europe-- via pipelines, and plays politics with its customer base. Accede to Russia’s demands, or freeze would be the crudest way of putting it.

American gas suppliers would like to sell to Europe-- and Europeans would like to have a choice of suppliers. But in order to transport gas by sea, the supplier has to compress it-- liquify it, put it on a ship. and decompress it again. And facilities to liquify gas specifically, rather than simply decompressing it were scarce on this side of the Atlantic. Now such a facility exists, which theoretically means that European countries have the freedom to tell Russia to fuck off, without risking shortages.

But Freedom Gas is probably the most jingoistic way of putting it. And methane isn’t environmentally friendly, at all. The long term solution would be to gradually move to renewables, but I trust that the Trump administration isn’t concerned about that.

7 Likes
6 Likes

It wasn’t even named after that John McCain, but what does he care, his little fee fees are bruised anyway.

I wouldn’t name the smallest leakiest dinghy after Trump.

And this is news?

7 Likes

I dunno, I think they topped that with “molecules of US freedom […] exported to the world.”

8 Likes

It certainly puts a new perspective on “They hate us for our freedom.”

9 Likes

8 Likes
1 Like

I’m sure it was completely accidental that the DOJ released this on a Friday afternoon immediately following some breaking “active shooter” news…

Transcript of a phone message on 22 November 2017 from Donald Trump’s attorney John Dowd to Rob Kelner, the lawyer for Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn, where he sought information about Flynn’s discussions with the special counsel.

Hey, Rob [Kelner] this is John [Dowd] again. Maybe, I’m sympathetic; I understand your situation, but let me see if I can’t state it in starker terms. If you have-- and it wouldn’t surprise me if you’ve gone on to make a deal with, and, work with the government-- I understand that you can’t join the joint defense; so that’s one thing. If, on the other hand, there’s information that implicates the President, then we’ve got a national security issue, or maybe a national security issue, I don’t know, some issue, we got deal with, not only for the President, but for the country. So then, we need some kind of heads up. Just for the sake of protecting all our interests, if we can, without you having to give up any confidential information. So, if it’s the former, then, remember what we’ve always said about the President and his feelings toward Flynn and, that still remains, but… Well, in any event, let me know, and I appreciate your listening and taking the time. Thanks, Pal.

5 Likes

leprez

2 Likes

In the US, there’s a mass shooting literally every day. That means lots of places to bury inconvenient news, or to “not politicize” things.

7 Likes

Give him a beat!

3 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes