Our Felonious Ex-President

An entire R-party apparatus of tongues up his ass would do it.

4 Likes

I think the complete blockage predates his entry into the GOP, Andy. They’ve only been reinforcing it.

6 Likes

Oh yes I know. If I was to explain it I’d say the Repugnants have been into him in that way from the beginning. Not all the Replicans, mind, not until the ad about the Central Park Five.

3 Likes

If somehow the Dems manage to remove Trump before 2021, his replacement will no doubt be on his best behavior hoping to avoid the same fate. We should have such problems. One thing at a time.

Trump will only be convicted in the Senate if he goes against the business elites in any way. Until then he is the eternal insulation they need.

3 Likes

Here’s the issue: Trump was elected because of Russian interference. Pence was ALSO elected because of Russian Interference. Both should be impeached.

Here’s the bigger issue: how far down the chain of command do you have to go to find a person who doesn’t make your skin crawl?

12 Likes

…Past the end of the chain, it appears?

4 Likes

In other countries, they’d just call a snap election. Mind you, those sorts of countries don’t have voter suppression issues as much as the States does.

7 Likes
5 Likes

an odd direction to pivot after years of “NO COLLUSION”

5 Likes

Wait, wait! We have another opinion!

5 Likes

Who will stop him? Surely not the Republican Senators.

6 Likes

P.S. Also

3 Likes

Their definitive conclusion: Trump is mentally unfit, a threat to the United States and the world, and as such should have his powers severely restricted.

How do you suppose that they can get away with diagnosing a patient who they’ve never actually examined?

4 Likes

Especially since the APA sent out an email to all their members some time ago, saying “You know better than that, don’t do it.”

5 Likes

She has given a series of interviews explaining this, and in fact covers it in the interview I just linked.

Short answer: using sworn written testimony is a common way for medical experts to compile a diagnosis for legal reasons.

9 Likes

Her book (well, she edited it, many contributed) The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump is a worthy read which also addresses the ethics of diagnosing / warning about the potential dangers/problems of Trump.

2 Likes

And given his claims about secret polling showing he’s winning, about investigations being an attempted coup, about the press being the enemy of the people, etc… the theory that he cannot recognize reality is far less worrying than the theory that he can and knows what he’s doing.

4 Likes

Celebrate with a bottle of Trump Wine.

What has been more destructive to the United States?

• 9/11
  • Trump’s presidency

0 voters

1 Like

This was a hard one to vote in, because I’m not sure I think we get Trump’s presidency without 9/11. That was such a motivating event for the white nationalist base.

[edit: I don’t think we get his presidency right now, in this way. In many ways, Trump represents the base’s id, and we’d see flashes of that in other candidates. But the coordinated judiciary takeover, I’m not sure we’d see were it not for the energized white nationalists consistently being whipped into a frenzy and turning out to the polls]

11 Likes