Our Felonious Ex-President

On YouTube, You can see videos of the leading physician talking about how they did this. With Trump, they really have more information than they would for a regular patient. They have videos of him over time do can easily measure the decline in his speech and behavior.

10 Likes

This rule seems to be more about preserving the dignity and privileges of the psychiatric profession than about any practical problems evaluating the behavior of a public figure.

By requiring a personal examination, and restricting access to the leader, you can control which psychiatrists are allowed to express public opinions.

Whereas if shrinks were running around passing judgment on our leaders willy-nilly, with doctors on each side contradicting each other and denouncing each others’ diagnoses, leadership would not be likely to improve but the prestige of the therapeutic professions would be grossly undermined.

10 Likes

6 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-supporters-might-demand-that-he-serve-more-than-two-terms-as-president/2019/06/16/4b6b9ae2-9041-11e9-b570-6416efdc0803_story.html

3 Likes
7 Likes

Given the potential downsides to an operation like that, it depends on whether one’s definition of treason is brainlessly pedantic or willing to acknowledge that the judgement of the nominally legal authority can be even more questionable than the targeting of zero-day act-of-war shit that gets people upset when the Russians do it to us. Or like when we (“we”. I hate having to say that shit for brevity. At length, they are at best “our ratfuckers” and we need to think about why we try to be polite about it) blew up their pipeline back in the 80s.

3 Likes

Some choice quotes:

“Let’s do that over, he’s coughing in the middle of my answer,” Mr Trump said. “I don’t like that, you know. I don’t like that. If you’re going to cough, please leave the room,” the president added, pointing and shaking his head in disapproval. “You just can’t, you just can’t cough.”

The exchange happened as Mr Trump defended his decision not to turn over his “fantastic financial statement” to the US Senate, adding that he “might” reveal it someday.

“If you can believe it, Abraham Lincoln was treated supposedly very badly,” he said. “But nobody’s been treated badly like me.”

He said: “Well, I think my great pilots, our great pilots would know. And some of them really see things that are a little bit different than in the past, so we’re going to see, but we’ll watch it.”

“Obamacare has been a disaster,” Mr Trump told ABC as he was driven in the presidential limousine dubbed The Beast. He promised that the plan for “phenomenal healthcare” will be unveiled “in about two months, maybe less”.

“They doubled the debt on nonsense,” he said of the Obama administration.

But when the interviewer noted the debt has not stopped accumulating during Mr Trump’s presidency, he responded: “Sure. But I have to rebuild the military.”

5 Likes

I recently looked this up-- it’s a good espionage yarn, but…

A report in the Moscow Times quoted KGB veteran Vasily Pchelintsev as saying that there was a natural gas pipeline explosion in 1982, but it was near Tobolsk on a pipeline connecting the Urengoy gas field to the city of Chelyabinsk, and it was caused by poor construction rather than sabotage; according to Pchelintsev’s account, no one was killed in the explosion and the damage was repaired within one day.[2] Reed’s account has also not been corroborated by intelligence agencies in the United States.[3]

Another point of criticism of the sabotage allegations is that, according to Prof. V.D. Zakhmatov, an explosion safety expert who has overseen the safety measures on many of the Soviet oil and gas pipelines built in the Eighties,[4] at the described timeframe Soviet Union simply didn’t practice digital control of its pipeline system. Most of the control was manual, and whatever automation was used utilized the analog control systems, most of which worked through pneumatics.[4]

4 Likes

Huh. I’m going to have to read that. It sounds pretty convenient. They had computer control of a lot of their power generation infrastructure, weaponry, economy, etc. Much of it was shoddy though. Going to have to give it the sniff test.

1 Like
7 Likes

I mean, obviously Trump stands by everything he ever said, because anything less would be admitting fault. The closest thing to a correction would be insisting he actually said the opposite.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Not surprising considering a Trump rally is already a hate crime in itself.

10 Likes

If you read the transcript, he’s being as childish and dangerous as ever.

6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Because only models and other “beautiful” people are raped, as we all know.

10 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Who the fuck else do you hire to be chief of public masturbation. Oh. You said protocol. See, I wasn’t sure.

7 Likes